Posted to rec.audio.car
no29db no29db is offline

Default amp setup - need help

I recently purchased an Infinity 7541a (4ch) amp, to power my 5 1/4
components and my 6 1/2 2-ways.

According to the wiring diagram provided they say to hook the components up
bridged. That would mean I need another amp to run my 2-ways?maybe?

Is it a problem to not bridge them so that I can run all four speakers off
the one amp?

Posted to rec.audio.car
95Honda 95Honda is offline

You would bridge it if you had 1 set of components (you just need 2
channels), but since you have 4 speakers, don't bridge it, just run
each channel to one speaker. Plus, you will still be able to fade
between front and rear that way. Hope this helps.

--
95Honda
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

" I recently purchased an Infinity 7541a (4ch) amp, to power my 5 1/4
components and my 6 1/2 2-ways.

According to the wiring diagram provided they say to hook the components

up
bridged. That would mean I need another amp to run my 2-ways?maybe?

OK, let's be sure we're using the same terminology. By "components", I
assume you mean a set of speakers that includes a 5 1/4" midbass drivers,
tweeters, and passive crossovers. Right? If so, you DO NOT have to bridge
your component set (and by bridge, I assume you mean combining the four
channels into two).

I'm not sure why you would get this idea from the wiring diagram. PERHAPS,
you are confusing bridging with "bi-amping" (which is typically an OPTION
with component sets, but NOT a requirement). Bi-amping means that you run
two channels of power to your tweeters and two channels to your midbass
drivers. Perhaps it is THIS you are seeing on the wiring diagram. There
are advantages to bi-amping but it is CERTAINLY not necessary.

It sounds to me like you can do what you intended originally to do, run two
channels to your component set and two channels to your rear two-ways.

MOSFET

Ugrade stereo setup to multichannel - help/suggestions. Arthur High End Audio 2 May 3rd 06 01:26 AM
Comparing my '80s era setup to current equipment Arny Krueger Tech 2 September 1st 05 05:35 PM
Need advice on large studio setup [email protected] Pro Audio 27 May 9th 05 01:14 PM
Is this setup possible? Abhi Car Audio 1 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
Save and Recall PC CMOS Setup Mike Rivers Pro Audio 13 April 1st 04 07:40 PM