Posted to rec.audio.car
Kurt Kurt is offline

Default 1970 Chevelle Radio Schematics/Manuals?

I've been working on repairing the original radio from my brother's '70
Chevelle, and although I've got it working now at low volume, as soon
as the volume gets turned up a bit the audio amp goes into oscillation
and all one hears is a solid tone. There are a couple of old
electrolytic capacitors on the board, one of which is tied into the
final amp circuit, and I suspect that could have something to do with
the problem (some of the units in the power supply can capacitor on
this radio were bad, so the radio's definitely had that issue). But I
can't see any notation of the value of these capacitors on their cases,
and sure would like to see a schematic for this radio or, ideally, a
complete service manual for it.

The radio is a Delco, model 01APB2. Does anyone know where I might
find a service manual and/or schematic for this?

Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

You might try Eddie Runner... eddie at installer dot com
he's one of the few guys I know who's been installing since that was
state-of-the-art, and he's just enough of a packrat to still have one
laying around.

Also, I'm sure you've tried this, but when I googled it,
www.chevelles.com popped up. You might try someone there - or maybe
there's a Chevelle specific NG that can help out...

Good luck!
KeithS

Kurt wrote:

I've been working on repairing the original radio from my brother's '70
Chevelle, and although I've got it working now at low volume, as soon
as the volume gets turned up a bit the audio amp goes into oscillation
and all one hears is a solid tone. There are a couple of old
electrolytic capacitors on the board, one of which is tied into the
final amp circuit, and I suspect that could have something to do with
the problem (some of the units in the power supply can capacitor on
this radio were bad, so the radio's definitely had that issue). But I
can't see any notation of the value of these capacitors on their cases,
and sure would like to see a schematic for this radio or, ideally, a
complete service manual for it.

The radio is a Delco, model 01APB2. Does anyone know where I might
find a service manual and/or schematic for this?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Try this item # 260033431369 on www.ebay.com

In article .com, "Kurt"
wrote:
I've been working on repairing the original radio from my brother's '70
Chevelle, and although I've got it working now at low volume, as soon
as the volume gets turned up a bit the audio amp goes into oscillation
and all one hears is a solid tone. There are a couple of old
electrolytic capacitors on the board, one of which is tied into the
final amp circuit, and I suspect that could have something to do with
the problem (some of the units in the power supply can capacitor on
this radio were bad, so the radio's definitely had that issue). But I
can't see any notation of the value of these capacitors on their cases,
and sure would like to see a schematic for this radio or, ideally, a
complete service manual for it.

The radio is a Delco, model 01APB2. Does anyone know where I might
find a service manual and/or schematic for this?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Kurt Kurt is offline

Thanks--I'll give those leads a try. The manual on eBay is a '69, but
I might be able to find some info somewhere that tells me whether the
radio I've got has a '69 equivalent. And I'll drop that fellow an
e-mail. I have been really surprised, by the way, at how hard it is to
come up with documentation on these; my own car is a '50 Studebaker,
and it seems like every piece of Studebaker service literature in the
world is available in reprint form from a bunch of vendors, but this
'70 Chevelle stuff is not all that easy to find. If I locate a manual,
maybe I'll scan the whole thing into a .pdf and post it somewhere...

Thanks,

Kurt

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Factory radios very rarely change on a yearly basis even more so in the 70's
then today. Ebay also has a "Want it now" This is an area of Ebay is where
people post hard to find items that they are looking for.
http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/

I have also found a ended auction # 330024823890 that covers 71 delco radios.
You might want to drop the buyer of the book an email see if he/she can help
you out.