Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] shriramosu@gmail.com is offline

Default What size speakers in 1997 Acura Integra GSR

Hi

Wondering what size speakers/config I have in my Integra GSR. I have
tweeters separately near the mirrors and woofers below. Think I have
separates/components up front and co-axial in the rear all 6.5" round.

Also, I found out that my woofers/mid bass in front have been stolen so
getting sound only from front tweeters and rear speakers, wondering how
I should replace it.

Options are something cheap like audiobahn for fronts and use the
removable tweeter to replace my tweeters.

Replace all 4 with components up front and coaxials back? Think I need
to get an amp also in this case?

What are good brands for speakers/amps? I have a decent home audio
system, Vandersteen speakers and Panasonic XR 55 digital receiver
(think digital amps are way to go but don't see them much in car multi
channel amps

Thanks

Shriram

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

wrote:
Hi

Wondering what size speakers/config I have in my Integra GSR. I have
tweeters separately near the mirrors and woofers below. Think I have
separates/components up front and co-axial in the rear all 6.5" round.

The answer might vary depending on what year your GSR is, but I would expect
them all the be 6.5". They may be 5.25s, but the cutouts should take most 6.5s
(note: that's MOST - some have extra-large baskets and/or magnet structures that
may not fit without some modification to the mounting locations).

Also, I found out that my woofers/mid bass in front have been stolen so
getting sound only from front tweeters and rear speakers, wondering how
I should replace it.

Check
www.crutchfield.com for a list of speakers that should fit nicely into
your car. The component systems they list SHOULD have tweeters that will tuck
nicely into your pillar locations.

Options are something cheap like audiobahn for fronts and use the
removable tweeter to replace my tweeters.

I assume by "removable" tweeters, you mean using a set of "component" speakers,
that have separate woofers and tweeters.

Replace all 4 with components up front and coaxials back? Think I need
to get an amp also in this case?

Sounds reasonable. You probably don't NEED an amp, but you'll also probably
find it greatly improves your sound, especially with aftermarket speakers.

What are good brands for speakers/amps? I have a decent home audio
system, Vandersteen speakers and Panasonic XR 55 digital receiver
(think digital amps are way to go but don't see them much in car multi
channel amps

I've always been a fan of MB Quart speakers (Quart also makes fancy "home"
speakers); they make a decent range of two- and three-way separates and
co-/tri-axials, they sound great, and they handle a lot of power. Downside is,
they also tend to NEED a lot of power, they tend to be among one of the more
expensive brands, and they tend to have oversized or oddly-shaped baskets that
require a fair bit of modification to fit in a lot of stock holes. Definitely
worth looking into though - any car-audio salesdroid worth his salt should be
able to help you figure out which ones will fit your car well.