Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] loudhhr@yahoo.com is offline

Default bonding fiberglass to body panels to reduce flex?

any cons to this technique, with the exception of the fact that the
process can't be un-done?

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
any cons to this technique, with the exception of the fact that the
process can't be un-done?

Generally it's resonance, not flexing, that's the biggest problem. Dynamat
and other like products work great for that as they lower the resonating
point of the body panels.

But flexing? Do you REALLY have problems with your car's body flexing?
Geez, you must be generating some SERIOUS SPL for this to be a problem.

If so, I can't see any down side to bonding fiberglass to your body panels,
though I'm not sure what you will gain (again, if it's RESONANCE that's the
problem, a product like Dynamat is FAR easier and cheaper).

MOSFET