Posted to rec.audio.tubes
MTM MTM is offline

Default R&D Instruments model 1575 Tube Tester..?

Hello............NG..
Might anyone know anything about a:
R&D Instruments model 1575 Tube Tester..?

Is it the same as...?

Hickok.....539...B or C..?

Pix available.......Thanks

Thanks........Mike..........
814-450-7979-c

R&D Instruments model 1575 Tube Tester..?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Jan 31, 5:53 am, "MTM" wrote:
Hello............NG..
Might anyone know anything about a:
R&D Instruments model 1575 Tube Tester..?

The information below is from the Boatanchors NG, specifically Larry
Wolken. It is accurate.
Around 1960 Hickok introduced the high end RD Instruments line ("For
Research and Development"). I suspect it was a bit of a marketing
ploy to
take advantage of the post Sputnik hysteria. Some of the items in
this
line were nearly identical to the regular line - hence the 539B and
the
1575 - and some were unique to the RD line. I used to own a model
1600
VTVM which was quite pricey in 1960 at $245. It used lab quality
components throughout.

The 1575 as near as I can tell is quite similar to the 539B although
there
are several noticable differences. The catalog blurb mentions a
voltage
regulator test not mentioned in the 539B copy. And their prices are
nearly
the same also -- $415 vs $445 for the RD model.

Note that this tester is one of the few that is set up (with the
addition of a VOM) for direct matching of tubes as it has plate and
filament current taps; and it has taps for outside bias voltage.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alan Douglas Alan Douglas is offline

Hi,
The 1575 is the RD Instruments version of the Western Electric
KS-15750. It's not a 539.

Alan