Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

Default hatching a plan - 04 Passat w/ monsoon system

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the passat Monsoon systems?

I'm considering a little upgrade to my wife's car, and would like to
look at what I'm getting into before I start.

In an ideal world, I'd like to bypass the Monsoon amp, and install my
old a/d/s/ PH15, a 642ix xover, upgrade the component speakers (I have
some NOS morels laying around), and put in a modest sub, powered by a
directed 250d... I know this can be tricky with the Monsoon systems
without by-passing the ENTIRE system, but she really wants to keep the
stock HU (steering wheel controls and all).

I'd also like to get some idea of what wiring I might tap into, and see
if I could possibly get away without tearing out the interior to run new
wiring - hence making it easier to return to stock should we decide to
sell it.

thoughts or resources?

Thanks,
KeithS

Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

Thanks Jackson,

How about alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech - that's about as
on-topic as it gets...

The engine is the V6 (GLX model). The car's not here, so i'll have to
get back to you on the production date (other than 2004 model year).

Thanks again!

KeithS

Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:47:11 -0400, keith wrote:

[...]

I can post the diagram for you not a problem. Don't want to post a
binary file in this group, so let me know what binary group you'd like
me to post the diagram(s) in. For more accuracy, give me your vehicle
production date and engine size.

Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

That's Perfect -- thank you Jackson!

KeithS

Jackson wrote:

[...]

Sorry for the delay, I've been extremely busy. Posted up in
alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech as you requested.

It's amazing what you can find when you look. Audio Opinions 76 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM
Eclipse CD8053 to VW Monsoon system? Sam Carleton Car Audio 5 August 7th 03 03:01 PM