Default straight wire with gain

Does anyone recall who first coined the term 'straight wire with
gain'?

Thanks.

jim

wrote in message

Does anyone recall who first coined the term 'straight wire with
gain'?

Thanks.

Me.!!!!!!. Mick Faraday was alongside me in a huge Edwardian frock coat at
the time... We did our best to straighten the wire but it may have been
slightly bent....... We did the best we could.......For Chrissake...!!!
It was mid June.!!! The sun was beating down on Mick, in his big coat,
and we just looked at each other, after four hours and said......
OHHHHH.,,,,,. WHO CARES !!!!!! and went down to the local pub for a
pint....
After lunch we were slightly ****ed but still managed to discover magnetism
and the electric motor.........
Harry Lenz was with us, with his deformed right hand, ... '' This goes that
way and this goes that '' he used to say, twirling his fingers
around....Unless, you're left handed ??.
I forget how many bars and clubs he got thrown out of with that
nonsense.....
kind regards
jim