Chuck

Default FS: PAIR Heathkit W-5M, PAIR Pilot FA 540, one Heathkit WA-P2

I stumbled upon some very nice old audio units, and I'm not worthy.
I'm a guitarist who fools around with tube amps -I post regularly at
alt.guitar.amps. I know what I have found, and I'd rather not part it
out, hack it, or otherwise waste some wonderful stuff. Most of the
tubes, in all 5 units, are Mullards, with the exception of the
2xGenalex KT66s in one of the W-5Ms, and an RCA KT66 in the other (its
mate is a Mullard). I haven't fired these up to test them -they need
to be brought up slowly on a Variac, and it's obvious they haven't
been used in many years. From their otherwise pristine condition, it's
clear that these were well cared for. After I brushed off a quarter
inch of Denver dust (one week outdoors, maybe 25 years indoors), and
popped the tops, I found very clean works inside. I figure anyone who
reads this will know what these things are, but just in case:
the FA-540s are tube AM/FM tuners, the WA-P2 is a tube pre-amp. The
W-5Ms are mono amps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

The link here IS NOT MY AUCTION -but the description of the amps, and
the pictures, pretty well matches mine, except this guy did a better
job than I could. I'd much rather sell this as a whole system than
part it out on eBay, so I'm posting it here. If there isn't any
interest, I'll put it up on eBay next week.

If you are interested in buying this stuff, I can have it tested (or
you can make arrangements), My gut feeling is that everything here is
hunky dory -it is VERY clean (except for the dust.) BTW: I live about
two blocks from Lord Valve's store -so I can easily have him appraise
these pieces, if you would like that level of certitude. Please
contact me at THIS email address:
DO NOT use my Google email-it's just a spamcatcher these days. You can
also find out more about me by checking my posts at alt.guitar.amps,
and by reading my eBay feedbacks. My seller ID is chc1.All I'm after
is cash this time. I'm in the middle of recording an album, and never
realized how picky I was until I sat down at the controls. It gets
expensive. And my daughter needs shoes...Thanks.
Chuck
www.monkeychild.com
Chuck

I posted some pics hecommunity.webshots.com/scripts/misc.fcgi?action=invitePickup&uri=album/205493462KpHdMM
Chuck
www.monkeychild.com

Chuck

(Chuck) wrote in message . com...
I posted some pics he

http://community.webshots.com/script...05493462KpHdMM

Chuck
www.monkeychild.com

I've posted a few more pictures at the link above.
I also have preliminary results from the tech. To wit: The amp with
the larger transformer is not in good condition. It appears likely
that the transformer is fried. The fuse was blown, and the GenalexKT66
in the V3 position is also bad. The other tubes pass muster.

The amp with the smaller transformer appears to be fine. Both Mullard
KT66s are fine. All the other tubes are fine. The pre-amp is in good
working order. Don't yet know about the tuners.

I'm open to offers and willing to listen to folks more knowledgeable
than myself, with the following caveat: I know what the tubes are
worth by themselves on eBay. I need sufficient reason to keep the
pieces tubed.
Chuck
www.monkeychild.com