Weilhartner Stefan

Default Open-source speaker simulation software project

Hi Volks!

1st: Does anyone know some pieces of software (with source!) for
simulation of speakers?

2nd: Does anyone know formulas for calculating frequency-diagram of
e.g. closed box, ventilated (bass-reflex) box etc.?

I have a german book from 'Vance Dickason' for loudspeaker buliders, but
i does not contain formulas for simulation, only for calculating the
size of the box and length and diameter from the tube or other
paramters, but not diagrams in the form of x= f(frequ).
==
3rd: I am searhing for books or something in the internet where i can
learn more about simulation/calculation of speakers.

I want to start a project for a open source speaker simulation software
for the following needs:
- exact as possible or as individually needed
- with background information for the user (e.g. info-dialogs)
- easy to handle: e.g. with sliders for box-size, tube length & diameter
- realtime simulation (move sliders and you 'll see the new diagramms)
- included documentation how the calculation is made
- incluing active/passive filter-network design with fequence/phase/
impedance diagram

Thanks for ideas and input,
WhyLee.

Murray Peterson

Weilhartner Stefan wrote in
:

1st: Does anyone know some pieces of software (with source!) for
simulation of speakers?

I don't know of any open source software, but this is some very nice
freewa http://www.speakerworkshop.com/
Richard D Pierce

In article ,
Weilhartner Stefan wrote:
Hi Volks!

1st: Does anyone know some pieces of software (with source!) for
simulation of speakers?

SOmewhere in some archives, are some "sc" style speaker design
spreadsheets that I did nearly 2 decades ago. SC is the
open-source GNU spreadsheet, and the sc sheets are in human
readable ASCII.

2nd: Does anyone know formulas for calculating frequency-diagram of
e.g. closed box, ventilated (bass-reflex) box etc.?

Yes, these formula are readily available ina variety of
technical articles on the topic from the Journal of the Audio
Engineering Society. Note especially Richard Small's series of
articles from 1972, which have the formulae spelled out in
detail.

I have a german book from 'Vance Dickason' for loudspeaker buliders, but
i does not contain formulas for simulation, only for calculating the
size of the box and length and diameter from the tube or other
paramters, but not diagrams in the form of x= f(frequ).

Small, in the articles I cite above, has both the complex
transfer functions and the magnitude squared equivalents for
sealed box, vented (reflex) and passive radiator.

3rd: I am searhing for books or something in the internet where i can
learn more about simulation/calculation of speakers.

Again, start getting copies of the SMall articles, look for
articles by Robert Bullock and the like as well.

I want to start a project for a open source speaker simulation software
for the following needs:

Open source in what language? For what OS?

--
| Dick Pierce |
| Professional Audio Development |
Frank Johnson

Weilhartner Stefan wrote:
[...]

Not open source but free. Checkout "WinIsd" http://www.linearteam.dk
It is a Windoze app but works well under Linux using Wine.
It is what I use for my designs.
Frank