Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] nicola.bernardelli@gmail.com is offline

Default ATM 350 discontinued? Prodipe SB21 resilience to Larsen on stage?

This is about clip-on mics to use on (jazz) stage with open trumped and Harmon muted trumpet.

Important features apart good sound fidelity:

- SPL = 130 dB
- resilience to Larsen (also considering the sound of other instruments in the band, direct and from the monitor)
- enough shock absorption, enough suppression of the trumpet valves vibrations which are transmitted through the instrument metal and the mic support
- enough low noise to avoid using a processor with noise gate

Apparently the Audio-Technica ATM 350 is discontinued. Anybody knows why? Are they replacing it with a new model or just leaving the cheaper PRO 35? And what about the latter?

I'm hearing good things about a cheaper one, Prodipe SB21, any experience with it?

(((((

Just sharing, not relevant to the above questions:

My old AKG 519 is starting to wear off mechanically, and it has always been a bit hissy, I have to use a noise gate, but I'd be happy to be able to leave that at home.

I'm not planning to buy any other AKG mics at the moment, I'd prefer to explore on other brands, given a recent small disappointment from an AKG C1000S: it switched on with difficulty on batteries when brand new, 4-5 trials, it doesn't at all now apparently, phantom only, problem is I bought it 12000 km from here... Besides, I found the batteires/capsule support cracked, that might have happened while inserting batteries or more probably because of some bump on the road while the batteries were in (other equipment in the same bag had zero damage). I'd recommend not leaving batteries in during transport, because of that plastic support fragility. I simply patched the support with adhesive tape and the mic still works fine, and admittedly the sound is very nice, and even nicer considering the price. But...

)))))

Thanks for any advice.

Ping Peter Larsen on the Orange Curve Gary Eickmeier Pro Audio 7 June 5th 14 02:09 PM
Ping Peter Larsen Federico Pro Audio 0 March 1st 09 04:08 PM
Ping Peter Larsen David Grant Pro Audio 1 January 18th 08 07:42 PM
Resilience of digital on video tape Blind Hog Pro Audio 14 August 12th 05 11:33 PM
Need help selecting rear stage spkrs to go with DynAudo 360 Front Stage Rick Car Audio 14 October 29th 03 06:04 PM