Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default More vinyl showing up in stores

I was in LA this weekend to celebrate my birthday (lesson with a good
guitarist and friend, followed by a concert at McCabe's by that same
guitarist and friend), and I went to Amoeba and other record stores.
Amoeba, the largest CD/LP store in Los Angeles, is obviously carrying
more vinyl than even a couple of months ago. A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand. I found
7 volumes of the Hanoncourt/Concentus Musicus Bach Cantata set on
Telefunken that I have been collecting and lots of other goodies. I
also found out that they are having a huge CD sale next weekend, so if
you are near LA, it might be worth the trip.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

Thnak's Jenn for, amditting Jennn that you are trying to push Arnii to,
comitt suicide Jen.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 9, 8:51*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

*A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

Thnak's Jenn for, amditting Jennn that you are trying to push Arnii to,
comitt suicide Jen.

Well, it's the turntablists that are driving classical LP sales, you
know.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,

Jenn said:

*A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

Thnak's Jenn for, amditting Jennn that you are trying to push Arnii to,
comitt suicide Jen.

Well, it's the turntablists that are driving classical LP sales, you
know.

Yeah, I'm presently scratchin' me son BWV 198
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

*A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

Thnak's Jenn for, amditting Jennn that you are trying to push Arnii to,
comitt suicide Jen.

Well, it's the turntablists that are driving classical LP sales, you
know.

You're potatos are lumpey.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 9, 9:02*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

Jenn said:

*A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

Thnak's Jenn for, amditting Jennn that you are trying to push Arnii to,
comitt suicide Jen.

Well, it's the turntablists that are driving classical LP sales, you
know.

Yeah, I'm presently scratchin' me son BWV 198

I've been listening to a lot of Cut Chemist, Kid Koala, DJ Spooky and
Boy Eats Drum Machine lately, so what the heck. Turntablists are aces
with me.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Kalman Rubinson[_3_] Kalman Rubinson[_3_] is offline

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:44:38 -0800, Jenn
wrote:

A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

New classical LPs?? From where?

Kal
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

wrote:

A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

New classical LPs?? From where?

Kal

SHould have said new pressings... Classic Records, SPeakers Corner, etc.
But really the manager was speaking of all genres.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Now if we could only get some good, reasonably priced tables and
tonearms......I don't consider no-suspension lightweight tables with
MDF bases good.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 9, 10:46*pm, Bret L wrote:
*Now if we could only get some good, reasonably priced tables and
tonearms......I don't consider no-suspension lightweight tables with
MDF bases good.

Then get an SL-1200. Buy one for $500, throw on an SME arm, get a more
solid armboard, a $1000 cartridge and an outboard power supply and you
might be able to get better performance than a stock Rega P3-24 with a
$400 Dynavector.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

wrote:

A conversation with the
manager of the classical LP section verified that they are indeed
devoting more space to used and new LPs due to customer demand.

New classical LPs?? From where?

Kal

SHould have said new pressings... Classic Records, SPeakers Corner, etc.
But really the manager was speaking of all genres.

Never mind.

Kal

Sorry I couldn't help. I don't know of any new classical vinyl, only
reissues.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Kalman Rubinson[_3_] Kalman Rubinson[_3_] is offline

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:55:44 -0800, Jenn
wrote:

Sorry I couldn't help. I don't know of any new classical vinyl, only
reissues.

Yes. I know.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Nov 10, 7:55*am, Boon wrote:
On Nov 9, 10:46*pm, Bret L wrote:

*Now if we could only get some good, reasonably priced tables and
tonearms......I don't consider no-suspension lightweight tables with
MDF bases good.

Then get an SL-1200. Buy one for $500, throw on an SME arm, get a more
solid armboard, a $1000 cartridge and an outboard power supply and you
might be able to get better performance than a stock Rega P3-24 with a
$400 Dynavector.

Now you're talking about three grand for a DJ table.....Bull****.
What we need is a good cheap clone of a LP12, or a Merrillized AR, or
something along that line.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 11, 3:20*am, Bret L wrote:
On Nov 10, 7:55*am, Boon wrote:

On Nov 9, 10:46*pm, Bret L wrote:

*Now if we could only get some good, reasonably priced tables and
tonearms......I don't consider no-suspension lightweight tables with
MDF bases good.

Then get an SL-1200. Buy one for $500, throw on an SME arm, get a more
solid armboard, a $1000 cartridge and an outboard power supply and you
might be able to get better performance than a stock Rega P3-24 with a
$400 Dynavector.

*Now you're talking about three grand for a DJ table.....Bull****.

Yep, exactly. And people are doing it.

What we need is a good cheap clone of a LP12, or a Merrillized AR, or
something along that line.

Finding nicely restored ARs and Thorens TD-124s might be the way to
go. I'm looking into it.