Alucard

Default 2001 Tahoe LT Delco CD Player Issues + Possible Tape Player Issues

I live in Houston, a city of high heat and high humidity, so when I
found out my cd player stopped working one day, I figured that to be
the problem. Though I have no idea if this is the ACTUAL problem or
not, I assume it is. That being the case, it has gone from bad to
worse. I tried a few cds a few hours after, to let my car cool down,
and none worked, finally trying one cd and noticing as it was being
ejected, there was a white substance on the data side of the cd. This
kind of ****ed me off 'cause that was a good cd, but you win some you
lose some. Now my cd player constantly displays "ERR" and tries to
spin up a cd it doesn't have in it every two seconds, a very annoying
sound if you don't drown it out by the way.

I didn't feel like losing my car for a week just because of this cd
player problem, so I bought a portable tape adapter. It has never
worked yet. I plug it into my remote tape player in my car, it takes
the tape, the audio turns off to my radio as if loading it off the
tape, then five seconds later, the radio is back, and the tape player
is doing nada.

Anyone have any clue on how to get either working without having to
take my car to the dealership? I'm not too savvy with cars either, but
am welcome to doing things myself if not too complicated (and if I
have the right tools). I'm open to suggestions as the radio just plain
sucks and I'm in my car about two-three hours a day. Please.