Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin Killebrew

Default Heathkit AA-121 feedback cap question

Hi,

I'm restoring my Heathkit AA-121, and notice that the cathode cap/resistor
network coming off the first 6AN8 contains a 50uf 15v electrolytic coupled
with a 680 ohm resistor, and then connects to the feedback loop going to the
OT secondary via another resistor/cap network. I hate the idea of any of
the signal path going through an electrolytic but am not sure if it's worth
replacing with a large (and expensive) film or poly type. I've seen some
Solen's and Dayton 50uf poly's commonly used in speaker crossovers that
might work/fit since there is a lot of room in the amp chassis. My question
is: Is it worth doing? The 50uf poly's are around $13 each. The money's
not a big issue, but I don't want to do it if it really doesn't matter. I
really do like this amp.

Kevin Killebrew
Austin, Texas

newbie question - aardvark q10 + external mixer? alex Pro Audio 1 August 14th 04 07:29 PM
question for anyone who bought an Aardvark product bundled with Cakewalk [email protected] Pro Audio 0 May 28th 04 01:48 AM
question about "feedback" xy Pro Audio 6 May 13th 04 09:08 PM
RCA out and Speaker Question in 2004 Ranger Edge Question magicianstalk Car Audio 0 March 10th 04 03:32 AM
Repost: Reason 2.0 on a Celeron 2GHz laptop. Scott Elliott Birch General 17 July 7th 03 11:20 PM