Posted to rec.audio.tubes
MTM MTM is offline

Default Telefunken / Neumann Patch Bay Connectors...?

I have a few European type...Telefunken / Neumann Patch Bay Plugs and
Jacks...?
Might anyone be able to ID them from pix..?
If you don't mind ...Reply and I can send pix...
So please let me know...
You can contact me anytime..

--
Thanks........Mike..........
814-450-7979-c

Telefunken / Neumann Patch Bay Connectors...?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches Iain Churches is offline

"MTM" wrote in message
I have a few European type...Telefunken / Neumann Patch Bay Plugs and
Jacks...?
Might anyone be able to ID them from pix..?
If you don't mind ...Reply and I can send pix...
So please let me know...
You can contact me anytime..

--
Thanks........Mike..........
814-450-7979-c

Telefunken / Neumann Patch Bay Connectors...?

Hi Mike.

Are you referring to the old Tuchel connector which was used
commonly in broadcasting and studio patch bays in Germany
and Scandinavia in the 1960s and early 1970s?

The plug had six or eight connector blades which fitted into a socket rather
like an octal tube socket. The connectors on the sockets were sprung,
to clean the connector every time it was inserted. These sockets took up
more room on the patchbay, but you could wire a stereo send and return
on the same cable.

Regards to all
Iain