Bob Pit

Default select frequency range

This should easy, but I want to make sure.

From a sound segment, I want to select a certain range of frequencies. Like
10Khz-17Khz. There should be an easy way to do a frequancy filter. Could
you tell me how this is done in CoolEdit Pro?

Thanks
Bob

Norbert Hahn

On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:30:34 +0300, Bob Pit wrote:

This should easy, but I want to make sure.

From a sound segment, I want to select a certain range of frequencies. Like
10Khz-17Khz. There should be an easy way to do a frequancy filter. Could
you tell me how this is done in CoolEdit Pro?

Goto Effects - Filter - FFT Filter.

You'll find a couple of examples there. You may either modify them or
start from scratch (=flat frequency response) and drag the filter
curve with the mouse. Once you have the layout of the curve you may
specify exact points by right-clicking on them. This will popup a
window which shows the current frequency and the attenuation/ampli-
fication. You can type numbers into these fields.

Norbert

Richard Crowley

"Bob Pit" wrote ...
This should easy, but I want to make sure.
From a sound segment, I want to select a certain range of frequencies.
Like 10Khz-17Khz. There should be an easy way to do a frequancy
filter. Could you tell me how this is done in CoolEdit Pro?

What does "select" mean? Do you want to cut/boost this range?
Do you want to compress this range? Some other action????

Several of the tools have options to select a frequency range to
operate on, but they are slightly different and there is no general
response.

Please clarify your question.