EggHd

Default Free Bomb Factory Plug Ins!

For Pro Tools 6 and OSX users Digidesign is making thses a free download, no
ilock

http://www.digidesign.com/news/details.cfm?story_id=806

From the digi website

FREE Bomb Factory Plug-ins Now Available for Download Come and get'm! Seven
full-featured Bomb Factory plug-ins€š Bomb Factory BF76 (formerly, Bomb
Factory 1176), Bomb Factory BF Essentials (five plug-ins), and Funk Logic
Mastererize, are now available for FREE download for Pro Tools TDM and LE
systems running on Windows XP or Mac OS X. As our way of saying thanks for your
support, and your way of saving $680 US compared to the plug-ins' combined list
price, we've made the following plug-ins available without copy protection
(yep, no iLok required) so you can put them to work in your sessions right
away:

---------------------------------------
transducr

(EggHd) wrote in message ...
For Pro Tools 6 and OSX users Digidesign is making thses a free download, no
ilock

http://www.digidesign.com/news/details.cfm?story_id=806

From the digi website

FREE Bomb Factory Plug-ins Now Available for Download Come and get'm! Seven
full-featured Bomb Factory plug-ins€š Bomb Factory BF76 (formerly, Bomb
Factory 1176), Bomb Factory BF Essentials (five plug-ins), and Funk Logic
Mastererize, are now available for FREE download for Pro Tools TDM and LE
systems running on Windows XP or Mac OS X. As our way of saying thanks for your
support, and your way of saving $680 US compared to the plug-ins' combined list
price, we've made the following plug-ins available without copy protection
(yep, no iLok required) so you can put them to work in your sessions right
away:

---------------------------------------

wow...thanks for the heads up EggHd!

take care
jon
EggHd

Now is there money to be made on the other side of everyone having
these BF Plugins, or did Eric just somehow really, really **** off Digidesign?

Digi bought him out.

---------------------------------------
GKB

They're not giving away the whole thing , the 1176 and some utilities , so
i'd say it's a way to harvest names at the least , who's downloading
what for what ? [ or numbers how many of each systems don't have
the dongled ones already , therefore possibly using cracks ]

Regards Greg

EggHd wrote:

Now is there money to be made on the other side of everyone having
these BF Plugins, or did Eric just somehow really, really **** off Digidesign?

Digi bought him out.

---------------------------------------

tnospamfitzgerald

Isn't this another way for Digi to get people to buy up to Protools 6
and OSX? Then many of the old plugins become not usable so you have to
buy upgrades. Todd

Todd Fitzgerald
Chief Engineer/Producer
OarFin Studios Minneapolis
www.oarfinrecords.com

transducr

GKB wrote in message ...
They're not giving away the whole thing , the 1176 and some utilities , so
i'd say it's a way to harvest names at the least , who's downloading
what for what ? [ or numbers how many of each systems don't have
the dongled ones already , therefore possibly using cracks ]

Regards Greg

right, but just because someone doesn't have a dongled BF 1176 doesn't
really lead to the conclusion that they have cracked versions
running...it *could* just mean that they simply don't own or posess
any BF stuff. that's not very reliable data to bother giving away free
plugs to obtain. also, if they had cracked copies, why would they
bother d/ling these?

i was trying to think of what their angle was too. i think it's simply
promotion now that digi owns BF. a loss leader, if you will. the 1176
being the real carrot to intrigue people into checking out the other
stuff.

take care
jon
transducr

(tnospamfitzgerald) wrote in message ...
Isn't this another way for Digi to get people to buy up to Protools 6
and OSX? Then many of the old plugins become not usable so you have to
buy upgrades. Todd

Todd Fitzgerald
Chief Engineer/Producer
OarFin Studios Minneapolis
www.oarfinrecords.com

so, i just found out what the story is with these free plugs.

very recently a way to to reset the ilok trial expiration for
full-featured demo plugs was found. people even apparently made
applescripts to execute the whole thing with one mouse-click.

i sent a friend of mine who was using this method the link to the
legit free plugs when this thread started and he just sent me an email
this morning telling me he wanted to pull his hair out...apparently
these plugs install an update to the ilok software that prevents this
"crack" (really more of a workaround than a crack, i suppose) from
working.

those clever devils...hehe

WillStG

(transducr)

so, i just found out what the story is with these free plugs.

very recently a way to to reset the ilok trial expiration for
full-featured demo plugs was found. people even apparently made
applescripts to execute the whole thing with one mouse-click.

i sent a friend of mine who was using this method the link to the
legit free plugs when this thread started and he just sent me an email
this morning telling me he wanted to pull his hair out...apparently
these plugs install an update to the ilok software that prevents this
"crack" (really more of a workaround than a crack, i suppose) from
working.

Not surprising, but I thought that was what software "Updates" were for...

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

Dave

i sent a friend of mine who was using this method the link to the
legit free plugs when this thread started and he just sent me an email
this morning telling me he wanted to pull his hair out...apparently
these plugs install an update to the ilok software that prevents this
"crack" (really more of a workaround than a crack, i suppose) from
working.

those clever devils...hehe

THAT'S why none of my cracked plug ins are working now! Dammit!

You know what really frosts me. I bought one of the first 002Racks, and it
didn't come with any plugins. Two months later, it comes with all kinds of
stuff...that I have to pay for!