Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

Default My first broadcast

Please pardon a bit of bragging. I'm so happy I had to tell someone.

I recorded audio for video of a Christmas program in early December that
will be broadcast here in Atlanta on Christmas day. Don't know if I get a
screen credit (the deadline forced a huge time crunch producing the video
and the credits suffered).

It's on a local cable channel no one watches at a time no one will be
watching, but that's OK with me. I'm not expecting much, as I know what TV
stations do to audio. As my first broadcast recording, I won't care.

"Christmas Atlanta", Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasting (AIB) at 9:30
Christmas morning. Comcast Cable channels 5 (analog) or 295 (digital).
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:54:58 GMT, Carey Carlan
wrote:

Please pardon a bit of bragging. I'm so happy I had to tell someone.

I recorded audio for video of a Christmas program in early December that
will be broadcast here in Atlanta on Christmas day. Don't know if I get a
screen credit (the deadline forced a huge time crunch producing the video
and the credits suffered).

They always tell you that :-)

Congratulations!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Carey Carlan" wrote ...
Please pardon a bit of bragging. I'm so happy I had to tell someone.

I recorded audio for video of a Christmas program in early December
that
will be broadcast here in Atlanta on Christmas day. Don't know if I
get a
screen credit (the deadline forced a huge time crunch producing the
video
and the credits suffered).

It's on a local cable channel no one watches at a time no one will be
watching, but that's OK with me. I'm not expecting much, as I know
what TV
stations do to audio. As my first broadcast recording, I won't care.

Maybe they aren't funded well enough to have any of those
sophisticated audio processing equipment in the signal chain.
Your audio may escape relatively unscathed! :-)

"Christmas Atlanta", Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasting (AIB) at 9:30
Christmas morning. Comcast Cable channels 5 (analog) or 295
(digital).

Congrats! Consider posting a "best-of" exerpt on YouTube (etc.)
for us all to enjoy.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rsmith@bsstudios.com is offline

On Dec 22, 8:54*am, Carey Carlan wrote:
Please pardon a bit of bragging. *I'm so happy I had to tell someone.

I recorded audio for video of a Christmas program in early December that
will be broadcast here in Atlanta on Christmas day. *Don't know if I get a
screen credit (the deadline forced a huge time crunch producing the video
and the credits suffered).

It's on a local cable channel no one watches at a time no one will be
watching, but that's OK with me. *I'm not expecting much, as I know what TV
stations do to audio. *As my first broadcast recording, I won't care.

"Christmas Atlanta", Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasting (AIB) at 9:30
Christmas morning. *Comcast Cable channels 5 (analog) or 295 (digital).

Congratulations!!

Hope screen credits do appear.

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

Laurence Payne NOSPAMlpayne1ATdsl.pipex.com wrote in
:

wrote:

Please pardon a bit of bragging. I'm so happy I had to tell someone.

I recorded audio for video of a Christmas program in early December
that will be broadcast here in Atlanta on Christmas day. Don't know
if I get a screen credit (the deadline forced a huge time crunch
producing the video and the credits suffered).

They always tell you that :-)

In this case it's true. We were intending all along to make a DVD, but the
request came from the TV station on Tuesday to have it ready by 4:30pm on
Friday. I had been working on it at a leisurely pace until I got the word
Thursday morning to deliver audio Thursday afternoon.(!)

The producer is a wonderful guy who retired from NBC out of Chicago with a
shelf full of Emmy's. Rendering took 19 hours on his old computer and when
they added the credits (produced on a different computer) they wouldn't
scroll correctly. Not having time to recreate them correctly, he did
"something else" that I'll find out about when it airs.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"Richard Crowley" wrote in
:

It's on a local cable channel no one watches at a time no one will be
watching, but that's OK with me. I'm not expecting much, as I know
what TV
stations do to audio. As my first broadcast recording, I won't care.

Maybe they aren't funded well enough to have any of those
sophisticated audio processing equipment in the signal chain.
Your audio may escape relatively unscathed! :-)

Comcast will take care of that, I'm sure...

"Christmas Atlanta", Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasting (AIB) at 9:30
Christmas morning. Comcast Cable channels 5 (analog) or 295
(digital).

Congrats! Consider posting a "best-of" exerpt on YouTube (etc.)
for us all to enjoy.

I'll see if I can do that.

The trick was capturing groups in the balcony vs down front vs in the choir
loft at levels from one unaccompanied junior choir solo to the entire
church belting out the Hallelujah Chorus with brass, timpani, and the
second largest organ in town.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Carey Carlan" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote :
It's on a local cable channel no one watches at a time no one will
be
watching, but that's OK with me. I'm not expecting much, as I know
what TV
stations do to audio. As my first broadcast recording, I won't
care.

Maybe they aren't funded well enough to have any of those
sophisticated audio processing equipment in the signal chain.
Your audio may escape relatively unscathed! :-)

Comcast will take care of that, I'm sure...

Most access operations I've seen do their own modulation
and deliver the RF channels to the cable head-end, so there's
not much Comcast can do to screw it up downstream. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Likely another buzzard post, sounds like one.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Soundhaspriority wrote:

On Dec 23, 2:54 am, Carey Carlan wrote:
Please pardon a bit of bragging. I'm so happy I had to tell someone.

It's on a local cable channel no one watches at a time no one will be
watching, but that's OK with me. I'm not expecting much, as I know
what TV stations do to audio. As my first broadcast recording, I
won't care.

"Christmas Atlanta", Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasting (AIB) at 9:30
Christmas morning. Comcast Cable channels 5 (analog) or 295
(digital).

Hey, you've made the bigtime! Bull**** christian cable channel on
xmas morning, when they'll all be giving it up at church!

You must be so proud! What's next? Test patterns for the sewing
channel? How about recording the fireplace they run on the Home
Shopping Channel?

Bob Morein
(215) 646-4894
(310) 237-6511

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Looks like the buzzard has switched to google.
But still up to his old tricks. Does he really
think we won't recognize him?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

Likely another buzzard post, sounds like one.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Yep, I figure McCarty has moved his action to try to escape our
realization of his so-called reality.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

Looks like the buzzard has switched to google.
But still up to his old tricks. Does he really
think we won't recognize him?

I didn't see it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"D C" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
Looks like the buzzard has switched to google.
But still up to his old tricks. Does he really
think we won't recognize him?

I didn't see it.

How did you filter it? Do you have some other method
of buzzard-detection?

Or do you just filter out everything from Google on
general principles? :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

I didn't see it.

How did you filter it? Do you have some other method
of buzzard-detection?
Or do you just filter out everything from Google on
general principles? :-)

I have three people in there, including the two time wasters.

I don't know who the other one is.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

hank alrich wrote:

Yep, I figure McCarty has moved his action to try to escape our
realization of his so-called reality.

It would be nice if he would stop being a fool and simply post in his own
name instead of being a yellowbelly. Occasionally he forgets himself and
posts something that is near coherant.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

Yep, I figure McCarty has moved his action to try to escape our
realization of his so-called reality.

It would be nice if he would stop being a fool and simply post in his own
name instead of being a yellowbelly. Occasionally he forgets himself and
posts something that is near coherant.

Not frequently enough to put up with the downside.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Soundhaspriority wrote:
On Dec 23, 7:48 am, Carey Carlan wrote:
Laurence Payne NOSPAMlpayne1ATdsl.pipex.com wrote
. ..

Not having time to recreate them correctly, he did
"something else" that I'll find out about when it airs.

Probably some dumbos dressed as the "three wise men" holding cue
cards.

Bob Morein
(215) 646-4894
(310) 237-6511

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

Likely another buzzard post, sounds like one.

Duh.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:
Yep, I figure McCarty has moved his action to try to escape our
realization of his so-called reality.

It would be nice if he would stop being a fool and simply post in
his own name instead of being a yellowbelly. Occasionally he
forgets himself and posts something that is near coherant.

Not frequently enough to put up with the downside.

OF course not, but then he's a regular denizen of
rec.audio.opinion, and we all know what's over there.

And everybody gives him attention which only fuels it. Bob
either needs to change his name or be forever confined to
the massive twit list.
fOr years there until I had to switch machines after the
hurricane I ignored ABob, and every thread he got involved
in because of all this stupidity.

AS for Messrs McCaty and George HIdeous from r.a.o. the
world would be a better place if they each sucked on a
shotgun.

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote in news:476f0219$0$20518
:

Likely another buzzard post, sounds like one.

Peter, don't worry about it. He doesn't bother me, and your response
encourages him.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Soundhaspriority" wrote ...
"Carey Carlan" wrote in message
And you'd be surprised how hard it is to get a good recording of a
crackling fire. I love the LF whoosh of the air up the chimney as it
really starts to burn.

Carey, just remember how many famous actors were fired from their
first plays. It means nothing. Forge ahead. The fireplace is an
interesting problem. Foley?

Our local PBS station had a long-running tradition every Christmas
eve of putting on their tape of a yule log burning in the hearth.
I must say it was one of the more inteligent things they air during
the year.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Soundhaspriority" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote in...
Our local PBS station had a long-running tradition every Christmas
eve of putting on their tape of a yule log burning in the hearth.
I must say it was one of the more inteligent things they air during
the year.

Could anyone detect the looping?

It wasn't looped, IIRC. It actually burned down to
embers over 3 hours. I suppose they changed tapes
at the top of the hour legal station ID.