Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

Old May 20th 19, 12:00 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

Default Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

On 5/19/2019 3:23 AM, James Price wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you provide a technical review for
> Ethan Winer's book, 'The Audio Expert'? Do you recall a section in
> that book titled 'Sample Rate and Bit Depth'? According to Winer, "The
> intended audience is intermediate - to advanced-level recording
> engineers".

I did the technical review of Ethan's book. I don't recall that section
or what it said. While I did make some suggestions about changes here
and there, it was Ethan who made the final decisions. If he wanted to
use the term "bit depth" I wasn't going to talk him out of it.

There's a second edition that I haven't seen.
Old May 20th 19, 03:21 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_5_]

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 6:00:22 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
> I did the technical review of Ethan's book. I don't recall that section
> or what it said. While I did make some suggestions about changes here
> and there, it was Ethan who made the final decisions. If he wanted to
> use the term "bit depth" I wasn't going to talk him out of it.

Given that the books' intended audience is intermediate to advanced-level
recording engineers, do you really think Ethan used "bit depth" because
he felt his readers were incapable of understanding "word length"?

> There's a second edition that I haven't seen.

I haven't seen the second edition, however it's listed in the first
edition(chapter 8).
Old May 20th 19, 04:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

> Creeping meatballism rules!

Today I learned that Mad magazine goes back
to at least 1957.

Old May 20th 19, 05:24 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

> Creeping meatballism rules!

Today I learned that Mad magazine goes back
to at least 1957.

When I was young my Mom would always buy me a Mad magazine when I was sick.
Spy vs. Spy and Don Martin were my favorites.

Poly

---

Old May 20th 19, 10:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21/05/2019 3:37 AM, Tobiah wrote:
>> Creeping meatballism rules!

> Today I learned that Mad magazine goes back
> to at least 1957.

I also go back to 1957 (September). Maybe that explains something.

Old May 21st 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

James Price wrote: "
Given that the books' intended audience is intermediate to advanced-level
recording engineers, do you really think Ethan used "bit depth" because
he felt his readers were incapable of understanding "word length"? "

By Ethan do you mean Winer?

If so I'd love to have him come on here and clear the air
about some basic terms. If there are three people whom
I would rarely refute the words of, they are Ethan Winer,
Bob Katz, and Barry Diament.
Old May 21st 19, 01:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

thekhmah < theckkkmaaaah @ hortbus . edu > wrote in message

> By Ethan do you mean Winer?
>
> If so I'd love to have him come on here and clear the air
> about some basic terms.

There is no "air" to be "cleared." You have a problem with the terminology
because you're a thick-headed and obstinate retard. That's nobody's fault
but your own. FCKWAFRDA.

> If there are three people whom
> I would rarely refute the words of, they are Ethan Winer,
> Bob Katz, and Barry Diament.

Nobody gives a **** who you would or would not pretend to "refute." You'd
pretend that you know better, and you'd soil yourself pretending to lecture
someone with your retarded dumb****ery, blubbering about how you're right
and everyone else is wrong, all the while proving that you're a complete
idiot. You've played out this third-rate village-idiot sitcom countless
times.

Old May 21st 19, 04:14 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_3_]

Mad Magazine debuted in the fall of 1952. A few months after I was born. And yes, I have the album.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_4_]

"polymod" > :

> "Tobiah" wrote in message ...
>
>> Creeping meatballism rules!

> Today I learned that Mad magazine goes back
> to at least 1957.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> When I was young my Mom would always buy me a Mad magazine when I was
> sick. Spy vs. Spy and Don Martin were my favorites.
>
> Poly
>

> ---

I still have the "It's A Gas" cut-out record they included in an early 60s
issue. Damn if it will play well anymore, but it was a cardboard disc!

david