Need better FLAC player, fast start, low cpu overhead and good playlist.

Old May 6th 19, 11:02 PM posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Need better FLAC player, fast start, low cpu overhead and good playlist.

Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.

VCL Media Player's playlist feature has all kinds of issues, permission issues, sometimes hard to use... sometimes player lags while playing audio during gaming... tryed more buffering... also seems to consume lots of CPU.

I'll google if something better is out there.

I want:

1. Good playlist support, easy to add files and easy to open and play.

2. Fast start of player.

3. Low CPU usage.

Any recommendations ?

For PC.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old May 8th 19, 02:24 AM posted to rec.audio.high-end

I stumbled upon foobar2000.

I am impressed by it.

It's simple and yet powerfull can do all sorts of things, especially via plugins.

It's playlist feature could still be better but for now it's a small improvement over VCL media player, maybe even large... cause of stupid vcl media permission issues in windows folders which is main reason why I want something else.

I highly recommend all audiophiles to give foobar2000 a try... especially for dsd/dts/sacd discs =D

Which are sony's/philips super audio cd's ! =D

I tried "return of the pink panther" iso and was amazed by it ! =D

There are plugins for sacd iso's and asio drivers and such.

Interesting stuff.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.