Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

Old April 29th 19, 08:08 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

On 28/04/2019 8:15 pm, John Williamson wrote:
> On 28/04/2019 06:12, wrote:
>
>> Kill-filing the best informed poster on a NG is counter productive.
>>

> It would be, but almost by definition, every poster offering advice on
> usenet or any other social media considers themselves to be the best
> informed person, otherwise why post?
>
> In your opinion, you are the best informed poster on here. In the
> opinion of others, this is not true.

Hardly surprising Phil considers himself the best informed. The only
thing he is "best" at though is blowing his own trumpet, and ad hominem
attacks on others whenever he is losing an argument. Nobody can match
him there!:-(

Old April 29th 19, 11:07 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Trevor the Scumbag wrote:

> >> Kill-filing the best informed poster on a NG is counter productive.
> >>

> Hardly surprising Phil considers himself the best informed. The only
> thing he is "best" at though is blowing his own trumpet, and ad hominem
> attacks on others whenever he is losing an argument. Nobody can match
> him there!:-(

** Trevor - kindly explain to the NG who you are.

Your full name, occupation, approximate age and place of residence.

In 12 years or more of posting complete trash on NGs, you have been extraordinarily careful to NEVER reveal a singe fact about yourself.

If you refuse, I will just make up a pack of lies and post them as fact.

Just like you do about me.

..... Phil

Old May 4th 19, 09:25 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mat Nieuwenhoven

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 18:52:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>> >I squared R has plenty of meaning. Unfortunately a speaker is not an
>> >R. It's an X. And I squared X gives you VA, not Watts. Your
>> >measurement method, applied to a pure capacitor, would apparently
>> >yield a power level. You can't put any power into a capacitor.

>> Oops - let me correct that. A speaker is a whole slew of different R +
>> jX, with the values being different at every frequency over the
>> measurement band. No scalar instrument can tell you about power
>> transfer into that. You can do it with a vector instrument at a single
>> frequency - and I regularly do that.
>>

>> But a noise signal with a scalar voltmeter and a scalar ammeter? Nope.
>> Not on this earth.
>>

>** You are making a very basic mistake.
>
>Consider the following:
>
>If you apply a noise voltage to a resistor and measure the current flow with a wide band, true rms meter the formula "I squared R " applies exactly.
>
>If you add an ideal reactance in series with the resistor the formula "I squared R " still applies since the resistor is the only power dissipating item.
>
>A speaker can be accurately modelled as several resistances in series with a lossless reactive component, also in series. <snip>

Can it? I thought the "Wright emperical model" is the standard model
since 1990.
For interested readers, see
http://www.wavecor.com/Transducer_eq...nt_circuit.pdf for a 1 page
overview
or
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...pirical_Model_
for_Loudspeaker_Motor_Impedance

Wavecor specifically states that the traditional model does not do a
good job at non-low frequencies.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Old May 5th 19, 01:26 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Mat Nieuwenhoven Google Monkey wrote:

> wrote:
> >

> >** You are making a very basic mistake.
> >
> >Consider the following:
> >
> >If you apply a noise voltage to a resistor and measure the current
> > flow with a wide band, true rms meter the formula "I squared R "
> > applies exactly.
> >
> >If you add an ideal reactance in series with the resistor the
> >formula "I squared R " still applies since the resistor is the only power

> dissipating item.
> >
> >A speaker can be accurately modelled as several resistances in series
> >with a lossless reactive component, also in series. <snip>

> Can it?

** Yep.

> thought the "Wright emperical model" is the standard model
> since 1990.
> For interested readers, see

http://www.wavecor.com/Transducer_eq...nt_circuit.pdf for a 1 page
> overview
> or
> https://www.researchgate.net/publica...pirical_Model_
> for_Loudspeaker_Motor_Impedance
>
> Wavecor specifically states that the traditional model does not do a
> good job at non-low frequencies.
>
> Mat Nieuwenhoven

** Any damn fool can use Google and find something that appears to differ from any statement of fact you care to mention.

This is no contradiction between the information in my post and what the above Google Monkey has found.

And in any case, he has not to the tiniest ****ing clue.

...... Phil

Frequency range of the voice Julien Bernier Pro Audio 37 September 28th 06 11:10 PM
select frequency range Bob Pit Pro Audio 2 May 10th 05 03:16 AM
select frequency range Bob Pit General 2 May 7th 05 10:50 PM
Monitor Frequency Range Peter Larsen Pro Audio 24 May 28th 04 02:19 AM
Monitor Frequency Range Peter Larsen Pro Audio 0 May 25th 04 08:20 AM