Alan

Default subwoofer upgrade?

I have a JL 250 mono amp with a JL 10w3. I want to upgrade to a 10w6,
but use the same amp. Will there be an improvement in sound without
getting a bigger amp?

Alan wrote:
I have a JL 250 mono amp with a JL 10w3. I want to upgrade to a

10w6,
but use the same amp. Will there be an improvement in sound without
getting a bigger amp?

you got bridge? That's broke sound dude.

Dark1

"Dark1" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
I have a JL 250 mono amp with a JL 10w3. I want to upgrade to a 10w6,
but use the same amp. Will there be an improvement in sound without
getting a bigger amp?

probably not that you'd notice,more power or a different enclosure would
make a bigger difference..
and you'd atleast have to double power to make that noticable..
now say.. a 15w6 on the other hand

er..nm.. forgot, there is no 15w6..

MZ

I have a JL 250 mono amp with a JL 10w3. I want to upgrade to a 10w6,
but use the same amp. Will there be an improvement in sound without
getting a bigger amp?

Probably not. Doesn't the w6 have a lower sensitivity than the w3 too?
It's possible it will sound worse with the "upgrade".

Why are you thinking about replacement? What is it about your current setup
that you don't like?

Alan

I like it fine, I just thought of upgrading the sub with a discount I
can get locally.