Gregory Kleverlaan

Default liberty gx auto antenna connector

I am in the process of installing a recently purchased pioneer car cd/radio
model DEH-P4650MP.

Everything works fine once installed and connected, exccept for the
automatic antenna which doesn't come up or down when the radio is turned on.

What I need to find out is which color wire from the stock standard oem
connector for a Clarion audio system, powers the Antenna relay.

The wire from the antenna 12v is clearly marked on the Pioneeer audio cable,
I Just need to know exactly which wire to connect it to in my Subary Liberty
GX 94.

All advice appreciated.

beertender

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:01:53 +1100, "Gregory Kleverlaan"
wrote:

I am in the process of installing a recently purchased pioneer car cd/radio
model DEH-P4650MP.

Everything works fine once installed and connected, exccept for the
automatic antenna which doesn't come up or down when the radio is turned on.

What I need to find out is which color wire from the stock standard oem
connector for a Clarion audio system, powers the Antenna relay.

The wire from the antenna 12v is clearly marked on the Pioneeer audio cable,
I Just need to know exactly which wire to connect it to in my Subary Liberty
GX 94.

All advice appreciated.

American Haynes manual for 90-98 years lists a "typical" audio system.

Power antenna control wire is listed as black with green trace, or
green with orange trace.

Hopefully, your leftover harness, after using up all the speaker and
power wires, has only one or the other.

ymmv, zero

Gregory Kleverlaan

thanks for that. Found it. It was the only unused/unlabled wire on the ISO
harness adaper I purchased.
(subaru - clarion socket and Clarion - Pioneer head unit).

I wish they had wired it up in the first place and labled all the wires on
the harness.

wrote:

[...]

Sean Scott

"Gregory Kleverlaan" wrote in message
I am in the process of installing a recently purchased pioneer car cd/radio
model DEH-P4650MP.

Everything works fine once installed and connected, exccept for the
automatic antenna which doesn't come up or down when the radio is turned
on.

What I need to find out is which color wire from the stock standard oem
connector for a Clarion audio system, powers the Antenna relay.

The wire from the antenna 12v is clearly marked on the Pioneeer audio
cable, I Just need to know exactly which wire to connect it to in my
Subary Liberty GX 94.

All advice appreciated.

It is the blue wire, the same one that turns on your amplifier if you have
one.

Buckshot

It is the blue wire, the same one that turns on your amplifier if you have
one.

Eh bud, he means the one on the car side of the harness, and the
atenna specific wire only gives 12v when it is in the radio mode...

Buckshot

Suggestions Indoor Amplified AM/FM Antenna Gary A. Edelstein Audio Opinions 0 November 23rd 04 07:27 PM
Suggestions Indoor Amplified AM/FM Antenna Gary A. Edelstein Tech 0 November 23rd 04 07:27 PM
window antenna problem Burt Car Audio 0 September 28th 04 04:54 PM
Radio reception worse than factory radio, antenna adapter? AC/DCdude17 Car Audio 3 December 24th 03 02:17 PM
FM radio antenna height for car... ? NeilH011 Pro Audio 3 September 9th 03 11:47 PM