bob wald

well then scotty.i guess il be a collectors item. worth big bucks
$$$$$$$

bob wald

scott about prices..yes they have went down in the past but everything
does in cycles so prices should be heading up awhile...plus tey cant
keep going lower forever...

bob wald

scott i guess in your world inflation doesnt exist...cost have always
outpaced rises in pay to the people.....

Scott Gardner

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:03:46 -0700, I. Care
wrote:

In article , gardners14
says...
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:26:21 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

scott i guess in your world inflation doesnt exist...cost have always
outpaced rises in pay to the people.....

I understand inflation very well. In fact, I'm the one that brought
inflation adjustments into the thread in the first place.

Even with inflation, your money goes much further today when it comes
to consumer electronics than it did in the past.

Let's use a simple example. I have a 1972 Mercedes. Looking at the
option sheet for that year, a transistorized AM/FM stereo radio was a
$228 option.

$228 in 1972 had approximately the same "buying power" as $1070 does
today, after you adjust for inflation. (Do a search on inflation and
the Consumer Price Index).

Look at what $228 got you in 1972 - an AM/FM head unit with manual
tuning, five presets, maybe five Watts total power, and two paper-cone
speakers.

Now, I don't have to tell you what you can get in a head unit for
$1071 today. In fact, you'll have a hard time spending $1071 on a
head unit at all, unless you get one that plays DVD's or has a
navigation system built-in.

And if you search for statistics on personal income adjusted for
inflation, you'll see that personal income has grown faster over the
years than inflation, not the other way around.

Boy I wish I could have had your job then. In 1969 I bought a new
Mustang with vinyl roof, auto, P/S, tinted windows, 351 V8 price $3500.
I was making $6/hr as a 2nd year apprentice in electronics. Today that
car costs $18,000+. So the price has gone up 5X. So a 2nd year
apprentice in that same job should be making $30/hr to keep up with
inflation. Their wage is approx. $18/hr today. Prices went up 5X wages
3X.

Flame away :-(

No flames, although I was talking about consumer electronics in
particular, not all consumer goods. Besides, one could make the
argument that $18000 today buys a lot more Mustang than $3500 did in
1969. Again, I'm not flaming you or trying to insult Mustangs - I
have a 1972 Dodge Charger with a 440, so I'm familiar with the
capabilities and limitations of vintage musclecars.

Also, electronics apprentices were probably a lot scarcer in 1969 than
they are today, so that could explain why they're not making as much
today, in inflation-adjusted dollars.

--
Scott Gardner

"The nice thing about a parachute malfunction is that you literally have the rest of your life to figure it out."

bob wald

icare..id laugh if i didnt feel sad for the working guy......

bob wald

scott..theres so many things wrong with your last answer..first cars are
consumer electronics..they have stereos dont they?
next theres more of his craft cause theres more people.
next his job is just as important today as then.
you still gotta finda a good guy to do the job.
thats hard.
theres more but you tire me out fixxing your statements....

bob wald

scotty i know my buying 2eqs got you all upset but i'm buying 2 for
serveral reasons...1 coud break,get stolen or i could sell the car plus
i'm able to pay $55 for 2 now who knows n 5yrs i might not have $99
bucks for another 1.n have the time.i hope you can relax now....
plus ive seen this clarion selling for $99 most places n higher.....

bob wald

Default collector

oh my god...lets go digital.com has alpine out theass! lol mrv
f545.....my hearts breaking.....

bob wald

lgd superstore.com

Kirby

umm.. Im sure if we want alpine, we know where to get it...

"bob wald" wrote in message
lgd superstore.com

bob wald

well i had a tuff time finding alpine.its like finding gold.lol

Kirby

Actually for me, its hard to not find it.

"bob wald" wrote in message
well i had a tuff time finding alpine.its like finding gold.lol

bob wald

xplod you must feel like you in heaven.....ill admit m jealous
now.....//////Alpine

Kirby

Well I'd like to take the time to say, I'm the first to actually make Bob
jealous.. Boy I feel proud.

"bob wald" wrote in message
xplod you must feel like you in heaven.....ill admit m jealous
now.....//////Alpine

bob wald

xplode ..well dont get too excited...i wouldnt expect some1 like you to
own alpine.

Kirby

I own an Alpine 4 channel amplifier from '98, as well as a 15" Type-R
woofer. Head units though, I'd never touch Alpine. I've never been a fan of
them what-so-ever. My choices for a unit were the highend Alpine
"glide-touch", the Clarion Touchscreen, or my Kenwood Excelon that I
purchased. I'm so happy I went with the Kenwood.

"bob wald" wrote in message
xplode ..well dont get too excited...i wouldnt expect some1 like you to
own alpine.

bob wald

xplod..you picked kenwood over alpine...lol
it figures....something about kenwood always bothered me....but they
make so many speakers. the speakers must be ok....id guess they make 5x
more than alpine makes anything....
''so little time so much car audio''

bob wald

oh no.....my swiss audio amp....i'm not sure its rated at 400x2,4ohm
bridged....i assume that peak. i just found profile 180rms x2, 4ohm
bridged cheaper than my swiss audio....
Is swiss better than profile????
hmmmm i guess ill keep the swiss audio..i like getting high cost stuff n
showing off once in awhile.