Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steven Sullivan

surf wrote:
"Steven Sullivan" wrote ...
Robert Gault wrote:

When I buy audio equipment for my home, I want to be able to rely on a
review which tells me the minimum amount of money I need to pay to
achieve good sound quality.

That's easy, Robert. Just buy the cheapest amp you can find. They all
sound the same.

Well, be careful of those SET amps. And consider how much
power you'll need to run your speakers, at levels you like,
in a room your size. But with those considerations in
mind, yeah, if all you're looking for is an amplifier,
and all you care about is the sound and the price,
get the cheapest one that fits that bill. It's unlikely
to sound different from one that also fits the bill,
but is more expensive.

That's crazy talk! When you buy a health care product,
do you want to know whether it really works in some boring
scientific test?

Yes you do, Steve. But I understand you were being sarcastic
in an attempt to be funny. good try.

Thanks.

--

-S

Does anyone know of this challenge? [email protected] High End Audio 453 June 28th 04 03:43 AM
Cable Madness SALE at AudioWaves AudioWaves Marketplace 0 April 5th 04 05:24 PM
audio coax cable JYC High End Audio 239 January 18th 04 08:12 PM
Note to the Idiot George M. Middius Audio Opinions 222 January 8th 04 07:13 PM
cabling explained Midlant Car Audio 8 November 14th 03 03:07 AM