New

Default "TV Sound Regulators" -- a gimmick? (RAO)

I have very sensitive hearing, and trouble understanding speech. I
depend on closed captioning but it often blocks the screen.

I heard about a product that raises the volume when people whisper and
lowers it when they shout.

I think there are three different ones on the market: "TV Sound
Regulator", another "Audio Leveler", "Volume Stabilizer"

"automatically corrects broadcast volume by adjusting it to a preset
level selected by the you."

I heard that magnavox has a similar technology, but I have a JVC.

Does anyone know if this is a gimmick or if it really works? Which
ones work?

Thank you, from someone with sever hyperacusis.
Arny Krueger

"New" wrote in message
I have very sensitive hearing, and trouble understanding speech. I
depend on closed captioning but it often blocks the screen.

I heard about a product that raises the volume when people whisper and
lowers it when they shout.

I think there are three different ones on the market: "TV Sound
Regulator", another "Audio Leveler", "Volume Stabilizer"

"automatically corrects broadcast volume by adjusting it to a preset
level selected by the you."

I heard that Magnavox has a similar technology, but I have a JVC.

Does anyone know if this is a gimmick or if it really works? Which
ones work?

My Magnavox/Phillips has this feature, and it helps some. It's not enough to
fully equalize or even significantly mitigate the volume differences
difference between CNN and Fox on my (Comcast) cable system, for example.

Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"New" wrote in message
I have very sensitive hearing, and trouble understanding speech. I
depend on closed captioning but it often blocks the screen.

I heard about a product that raises the volume when people whisper and
lowers it when they shout.

I think there are three different ones on the market: "TV Sound
Regulator", another "Audio Leveler", "Volume Stabilizer"

"automatically corrects broadcast volume by adjusting it to a preset
level selected by the you."

I heard that Magnavox has a similar technology, but I have a JVC.

Does anyone know if this is a gimmick or if it really works? Which
ones work?

My Magnavox/Phillips has this feature, and it helps some. It's not enough

fully equalize or even significantly mitigate the volume differences
difference between CNN and Fox on my (Comcast) cable system, for example.

Arny, ave you tried a hearing aide?
It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Arny Krueger

"New" wrote in message
[...]

This discussion is about audio, not roadways..

I prefer to do my own hearing, not hire someone to do it for me.

It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Since there is no such thing as a "judgement", I have no interest in
applying such a thing to audio components.

This question is about volume levels, not timbre changes.

dave weil

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 04:17:58 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Since there is no such thing as a "judgement",

Sure there is.

Sorry, you lose.

Again.

Arny Krueger

news
wrote:

Since there is no such thing as a "judgement",

Sure there is.

OK, have it your way Weil. Preferred spellings don't matter - everybody
should misspell words early and often like you and the sockpuppet twins do.

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

Arny, ave you tried a hearing aide?
It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Turdborg would only consider a hearing aid that costs at least $1000
so that he could legitimately give it his patented worth-the-money
test. Only if it passed the wipe test would it be fit for insertion
into any other orifices.

dave weil

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:58:36 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

news
wrote:

Since there is no such thing as a "judgement",

Sure there is.

OK, have it your way Weil. Preferred spellings don't matter

Actually they don't when it comes to determining whether a word exists
or not. Any dictionary-approved variation on a word is a "real word".
You've just made the same mistake that Greg Singh once made. I hope
you're proud.

- everybody
should misspell words early and often like you and the sockpuppet twins do.

It's not a misspelling. And I maintain that you've misspelled far more
words as a percentage of your output than I have.

Than there are the abysmal grammatical mistakes that routinely infest
your posts.
dave weil

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:54:50 -0500, George M. Middius
wrote:

Robert Morein said:

Arny, ave you tried a hearing aide?
It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Turdborg would only consider a hearing aid that costs at least $1000
so that he could legitimately give it his patented worth-the-money
test. Only if it passed the wipe test would it be fit for insertion
into any other orifices.

Actually, he would buy it like he buys his homes. Cheap, but needing
massive repairs a few years down the road.
dave weil

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:01:26 -0600, dave weil
wrote:

Than there are the abysmal grammatical mistakes that routinely infest
your posts.

Ahhhh - delicious irony!

Sub "Then" for "Than", of course...

chuckle

MINe 109

wrote:

Robert Morein said:

Arny, ave you tried a hearing aide?
It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Turdborg would only consider a hearing aid that costs at least $1000
so that he could legitimately give it his patented worth-the-money
test. Only if it passed the wipe test would it be fit for insertion
into any other orifices.

Actually, he would buy it like he buys his homes. Cheap, but needing
massive repairs a few years down the road.

Arny owns a "Dream Home" someone won in a raffle.

Stephen
dave weil

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:55:13 GMT, MINe 109

wrote:

Robert Morein said:

Arny, ave you tried a hearing aide?
It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Turdborg would only consider a hearing aid that costs at least $1000
so that he could legitimately give it his patented worth-the-money
test. Only if it passed the wipe test would it be fit for insertion
into any other orifices.

Actually, he would buy it like he buys his homes. Cheap, but needing
massive repairs a few years down the road.

Arny owns a "Dream Home" someone won in a raffle.

A "Legacy Dream House" won in a *1930s* raffle.

Now I know why he has such a chip on his shoulder - his water heater
is single-ended.

MINe 109

wrote:

Robert Morein said:

Arny, ave you tried a hearing aide?
It might help you make more accurate judgements of the timbre of audio
components.

Turdborg would only consider a hearing aid that costs at least $1000
so that he could legitimately give it his patented worth-the-money
test. Only if it passed the wipe test would it be fit for insertion
into any other orifices.

Actually, he would buy it like he buys his homes. Cheap, but needing
massive repairs a few years down the road.

Arny owns a "Dream Home" someone won in a raffle.

A "Legacy Dream House" won in a *1930s* raffle.

Now I know why he has such a chip on his shoulder - his water heater
is single-ended.

I wonder if the interior rotates on a turntable like the "Carousel of
Progress".

Stephen
S888Wheel

Since there is no such thing as a "judgement", I have no interest in
applying such a thing to audio components.

You are a fool.
S888Wheel

OK, have it your way Weil. Preferred spellings don't matter - everybody
should misspell words early and often like you and the sockpuppet twins do.

Main Entry: judg·ment
Variant(s): or judge.ment /'j&j-m&nt/
Function: noun

You are a ****ing idiot. Do you understand ****ing idiot?

Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :

OK, have it your way Weil. Preferred spellings don't matter - everybody
should misspell words early and often like you and the sockpuppet twins do.

Main Entry: judg·ment
Variant(s): or judge.ment /'j&j-m&nt/
Function: noun

You are a ****ing idiot. Do you understand ****ing idiot?

Is it possible to sue a guy for patent insult on a public forum ?

George M. Middius

MINe 109 said:

Arny owns a "Dream Home" someone won in a raffle.

A "Legacy Dream House" won in a *1930s* raffle.

Now I know why he has such a chip on his shoulder - his water heater
is single-ended.

I wonder if the interior rotates on a turntable like the "Carousel of
Progress".

I'm sure he could move it to another lot to avoid a process server.

George M. Middius

S888Wheel said to Turdborg:

OK, have it your way Weil. Preferred spellings don't matter - everybody
should misspell words early and often like you and the sockpuppet twins do.

Main Entry: judg·ment
Variant(s): or judge.ment /'j&j-m&nt/
Function: noun

You are a ****ing idiot. Do you understand ****ing idiot?

Not so fast. We have him trained to respond to "****-for-Brains" and
"sack of ****". That took years. If you want to re-train him, it's on
your dime.

Lionel

George M. Middius a écrit :

S888Wheel said to Turdborg:

OK, have it your way Weil. Preferred spellings don't matter - everybody
should misspell words early and often like you and the sockpuppet twins do.

Main Entry: judg·ment
Variant(s): or judge.ment /'j&j-m&nt/
Function: noun

You are a ****ing idiot. Do you understand ****ing idiot?

Not so fast. We have him trained to respond to "****-for-Brains" and
"sack of ****". That took years. If you want to re-train him, it's on
your dime.

arse-licker UK [Show phonetics]
noun [C] (US ass-licker) OFFENSIVE
a person who tries to get an advantage from other people by being
extremely pleasant to them in a way which is not sincere

S888Wheel

Not so fast. We have him trained to respond to "****-for-Brains" and
"sack of ****". That took years. If you want to re-train him, it's on
your dime.

Just when I think I am not asking too much of Arny. Point taken.