Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Presson[_2_] Ed Presson[_2_] is offline

Default SACD recommendation

My Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD changer has decided to read only SACDs, and balks
on CDs (skips, stops dead, or won't read at all). It looks like I can ship
it off to Sony for repair for a minimum fee of $119 (goes up if there is
abuse or moisture damage), or I can start looking for a replacement.

The Oppo BDP-95 seems like a well-built option-it's gotten good reviews.
Does anyone have experience using the BDP-95 as a CD/SACD player in a
standard stereo system? Is the user-interface clumsy without a video
screen? Are there more attractive options?

I'd appreciate your comments and advice.

Ed Presson