Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Military educational assistance for toopid

toopid, here is the Army Chief of Staff's current recommended reading
list for senior leaders (brigade and above). Note that "Dereliction of
Duty" is on this list. IYR, I recommended this book to you a few months
ago, but you deemed it unworthy. LOL!

There is another list for junior soldiers and NCOs, which is probably a
better place for you to start. Removing your head from your ass will
likely be a long-term project.

BTW, I wonder why GEN Schoomaker recommends all of that history. He
needs to "think outside the box." As you know, you military genius you,
there is nothing important to be learned from all of that old stuff.
The rules of armed struggle have all changed!

(I can't wait to see why toopid disagree with the Army COS's
selections...)

LOL!

Moron.

The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
by Samuel P. Huntington (Paperback)

The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order is a
provocative and prescient analysis of the state of world politics after
the fall of communism. In this incisive work, the renowned political
scientist explains how "civilizations" have replaced nations and
ideologies as the driving force in global politics today and offers a
brilliant analysis of the current climate and future possibilities of
our world's volatile political culture.

The Lexus and the Olive Tree
by Thomas L. Friedman (Paperback)

From the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of "From Beirut to Jerusalem"

comes a brilliant investigation of globalization, the most significant
socioeconomic trend in the world today.

War in European History
by Michael Howard (Paperback)

Michael Howard covers, in fewer than 150 pages of text, warfare over a
thousand years; and he covers it comprehensively, without sinking in a
slough of facts and draws a broad outline of developments that will
delight the general reader. He shows that wars have often determined
the character of society and society in exchange has determined the
character of wars. This is a book that, for all its brevity, broadens
and deepens our understanding of how the world we live in came to be
the shape it is.

Makers of Modern Strategy from Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age
by Peter Paret; Felix Gilbert; Gordon A. Craig (Paperback)

From Machiavelli to Churchill and much more, the 28 essays in this

volume analyze war, its strategic characteristics and its political and
social functions, over the past five centuries.

The Making of Strategy
by Williamson Murray; MacGregor Knox; Alvin Berstein (Paperback)

Moving beyond the limited focus of the individual strategic theorist or
the great military leader, this book concentrates instead on the
processes by which rulers and states have formed strategy. Seventeen
case studies analyze through a common framework how strategies have
sought to implement a coherent course of action against their
adversaries.

The Peloponnesian War
by Donald Kagan (Paperback)

One of the world's foremost historians presents a fresh look at the
greatest war of ancient Greece and a pivotal moment in Western
civilization that still resonates today.

Dereliction of Duty
by H. R. McMaster (Paperback)

From a Desert Storm hero comes a brilliant, thoroughly documented, and

devastating account telling how LBJ and his principal advisors turned
the problem of Vietnam into a full-scale American war.

Victory on the Potomac
by James R. Locher (Paperback)

War is waged not only on battlefields. In the mid-1980s a high-stakes
struggle to redesign the relationships among the Joint Chiefs of Staff,
the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the secretary of defense, and the
president resulted in the Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986.

The Dynamics of Military Revolution, 1300-2050
by MacGregor Knox; Williamson Murray (Hardcover)

Studies the changes that have marked war in the Western World since the
thirteenth century.

The Challenge of Change
by David R. Mets; Harold R. Winton (Paperback)

The Challenge of Change examines how military institutions attempted to
meet the demands of the new strategic, political, and technological
realities of the turbulent era between the First and Second World Wars.
The contributors chose France, Germany, Great Britain, the Soviet
Union, and the United States as focus countries because their military
institutions endeavored to develop both the material capacity and the
conceptual framework for the conduct of modern industrialized warfare
on a continental scale.

Transformation Under Fire
by Douglas A. MacGregor (Hardcover)

Are we prepared to meet the challenges of the next war? What should our
military look like? What lessons have we learned from recent actions in
Afghanistan and Iraq? Macgregor has captured the attention of key
leaders and inspired a genuine public debate on military reform.
Macgregor's controversial ideas, favored by the current Bush
administration, would reduce timelines for deployment, enhance
responsiveness to crises, and permit rapid decision-making and
planning.

"In view of the prevalent opinion in America that soldiers are, of all
persons, the least capable of discussing military matters and that
their years of special training is nil compared to the innate military
knowledge of lawyers, doctors, and preachers, I am probably guilty of a
great heresy in daring to discuss tanks from the viewpoint of a tank
officer."
-- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

I missed one from the Army COS's reading lest, toopid. Here it is:

Thinking in Time
The Uses of History for Decision Makers
by Richard E. Neustradt; Richard E. Neustadt; Ernest R. May (Paperback)

This is not a history book or even about the stories it tells. It is
about how to use experience, whether remote or recent, in the process
of deciding what to do today about the prospect for tomorrow.

LOL!

A book for senior leaders on how to use history and experience in the
decision-making process.

Poor GEN Schoomaker! He obviously doesn't get it, does he, toopid?
Maybe you should write to him and point out his erroneous thinking.

"Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat
them."---George Santayana

LOL!

Moron.

"In view of the prevalent opinion in America that soldiers are, of all
persons, the least capable of discussing military matters and that
their years of special training is nil compared to the innate military
knowledge of lawyers, doctors, and preachers, I am probably guilty of a
great heresy in daring to discuss tanks from the viewpoint of a tank
officer."
-- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel Lionel is offline

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! a écrit :

[snip]

This one has been written especially for ScottW who is always *very*
generous with others' life.

"I can die better than you can"

Sure a potential slogan for the RAO's intrepid warrior.

PS :
Ooops the link...
http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki...0?openDocument

:-D
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Lionel a scris:
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! a écrit :

[snip]

This one has been written especially for ScottW who is always *very*
generous with others' life.

"I can die better than you can"

Sure a potential slogan for the RAO's intrepid warrior.

PS :
Ooops the link...
http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki...0?openDocument

Please send me your life preserver.
You are a kind man.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message
ups.com

toopid, here is the Army Chief of Staff's current
recommended reading list for senior leaders (brigade and
above). Note that "Dereliction of Duty" is on this list.
IYR, I recommended this book to you a few months ago, but
you deemed it unworthy. LOL!

Probably a forgery. A number of lists purporting to be this list can be
found on the web. Many are different.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message
ups.com

toopid, here is the Army Chief of Staff's current
recommended reading list for senior leaders (brigade and
above). Note that "Dereliction of Duty" is on this list.
IYR, I recommended this book to you a few months ago, but
you deemed it unworthy. LOL!

Probably a forgery. A number of lists purporting to be this list can be
found on the web. Many are different.

Except for one thing, Arns: I have access to areas that you do not.
Here, go find the list on this site, If I did not misquote the titles,
then apologize, idiot:

http://www.army.mil/cmh/reference/CSAList/list4.htm

Note the "www.army.mil" address, Arns. Probably a little more credible
than the www.wildpornstars.net site that you viewed.

I got the list from this site: www.us.army.mil

Go ahead, Arns: forge a login. I double dare you! They won't mind,
promise! They actually enjoy seeing if their web security works!

You are insane.

Arns Krueger (n. Vulgar): an insane asshole who is addicted to
harassing Normal people's preferences on the Usenet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:
I missed one from the Army COS's reading lest, toopid. Here it is:

Thinking in Time
The Uses of History for Decision Makers
by Richard E. Neustradt; Richard E. Neustadt; Ernest R. May (Paperback)

This is not a history book or even about the stories it tells. It is
about how to use experience, whether remote or recent, in the process
of deciding what to do today about the prospect for tomorrow.

LOL!

A book for senior leaders on how to use history and experience in the
decision-making process.

Poor GEN Schoomaker! He obviously doesn't get it, does he, toopid?
Maybe you should write to him and point out his erroneous thinking.

"Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat
them."---George Santayana

According to GEN Schoomaker himself:

""The Professional Reading List is a way for leaders at all levels to
increase their understanding of our Army's history, the global
strategic context, and the *enduring lessons of war.* The topics and
time periods included in the books on this list are expansive and are
intended to broaden each leader's knowledge and confidence. I
challenge all leaders to make a focused, personal commitment to read,
reflect, and learn about our profession and our world. Through the
exercise of our minds, our Army will grow stronger."

http://www.army.mil/cmh/reference/CSAList/CSAList.htm

Except, according to toopid, these "enduring lessons of war" have no
bearing today...

Who to believe?

I'll stick with GEN Schoomaker. LOL!

Glass caps for bypass Luddite Vacuum Tubes 91 May 31st 06 06:31 PM
Bomb the UK Koko Vacuum Tubes 0 May 28th 06 03:06 AM
FS: Audio Cables & Adapter Cables [email protected] Pro Audio 0 February 28th 05 04:35 PM