Dark Muscle

Default Real instrument based music on its way back!!

I would have to agree.......its good to see....
some of the musicians are even over 30.........maybe
I still got a chance yet :-)

"Otis_thick" wrote in message
om...
I am starting to see, althogh in very small drops, the very much
welcomed return of Real instrument based music.....on TV AND on the
RADIO! Some stuff even include ADULTS and vocalist who can actually
sing and I'll be damned, some of the songs sound even happy and are
about having a good time! Could it be that the draught is almost
over?

Big Craigie

Dark Muscle wrote:
I would have to agree.......its good to see....
some of the musicians are even over 30.........maybe
I still got a chance yet :-)

Any chance for a 42 year old, can play nearly 10 chords on the guitar and
can play keyboards (including a thing called a piano....doesn't need
electricity or a computer) with two hands.

"Otis_thick" wrote in message
om...
I am starting to see, althogh in very small drops, the very much
welcomed return of Real instrument based music.....on TV AND on the
RADIO! Some stuff even include ADULTS and vocalist who can actually
sing and I'll be damned, some of the songs sound even happy and are
about having a good time! Could it be that the draught is almost
over?

Here is hoping

--
Big Craigie
Remove yourclothes to e-mail me

Skittles

"Otis_thick" wrote:

I'll be damned, some of the songs sound even happy and are
about having a good time! Could it be that the draught is almost
over?

Christ, let's hope not. Grand Funk Railroad were bad enough first time
around.

By the way, the appropriate word is "drought", not "draught".

Dave Martin

"Skittles" wrote in message
"Otis_thick" wrote:

I'll be damned, some of the songs sound even happy and are
about having a good time! Could it be that the draught is almost
over?

Christ, let's hope not. Grand Funk Railroad were bad enough first time
around.

I heard on the radio last night that Grand Funk Railroad are going to be
playing here sometime soon...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

KirbyRochester

I am starting to see, althogh in very small drops, the very much
welcomed return of Real instrument based music.....on TV AND on the
RADIO! Some stuff even include ADULTS and vocalist who can actually
sing and I'll be damned, some of the songs sound even happy and are
about having a good time! Could it be that the draught is almost
over?

On the other hand, how much "real" is left by the time it's all been run
through auto-tune and edited phrase by phrase?

ryanm

"Dave Martin" wrote in message

I heard on the radio last night that Grand Funk Railroad are going to be
playing here sometime soon...

If you like GFR, see them. They're still good, and Farner can still sing
his ass off.

ryanm

mine12u

"ryanm" wrote in message ...
"Dave Martin" wrote in message

I heard on the radio last night that Grand Funk Railroad are going to be
playing here sometime soon...

If you like GFR, see them. They're still good, and Farner can still sing
his ass off.

ryanm

Wierd, just yesterday I was going thru some softsynth sounds and
noticed 1 or sounded like (or reminded my of) the keys from the
Phoenix album. The last I heard (1-2 yrs ago) they were doing a
concert in fla, but without Mark. Which had most GFR fans in uproar.

I Love "Winter in my Soul" (grt vx) and "Paranoid" from the red album.
mine12u

"ryanm" wrote in message ...
"Dave Martin" wrote in message

I heard on the radio last night that Grand Funk Railroad are going to be
playing here sometime soon...

If you like GFR, see them. They're still good, and Farner can still sing
his ass off.

ryanm

http://www.grandfunkrailroad.com/mul...o/Paranoid.mp3
Gotta love that bass line!!
mcp6453

ryanm wrote:

"Dave Martin" wrote in message

I heard on the radio last night that Grand Funk Railroad are going to be
playing here sometime soon...

If you like GFR, see them. They're still good, and Farner can still sing
his ass off.

ryanm

I don't think he's with the current group, at least not according to the
web site.

KirbyRochester

I don't think many kids have much idea as to the expression
that can be had when a real human being is sitting at a drum kit, actually
interacting with other musicians.

Sadly too many self-styled drummers have way too much "expression". In
other words they have no rhythm.

ryanm

"mcp6453" wrote in message

I don't think he's with the current group, at least not according to the
web site.

Well, I guess it was about 4 or so years ago when I saw them, but they
were really good for a band that I figured had already retired. Farner was
with them, still wearing that silly band on his arm and bright red shoes. He
could still sing and play like he used to, still running and jumping around
the stage like always. But I admit I haven't kept track of the band, they
were never one of my favorites, just good solid rock n roll worth going to
see if they came through town. They played the Canyon Club at the Bronco
Bowl, which is a nice, fairly small venue (like 1k seats). The only thing I
didn't like is that I went to GFR and then missed Jethro Tull like a week
later because I had already spent my monthly concert budget. I would've seen
JT instead if I had known they were coming before I bought the tickets.

ryanm

TAPKAE

"ryanm" read this in the National Enquirer :

The only thing I
didn't like is that I went to GFR and then missed Jethro Tull like a week
later because I had already spent my monthly concert budget. I would've seen
JT instead if I had known they were coming before I bought the tickets.

I was gonna say 'shame on you' but I read on and realized it was a cruel
joke the industry played on you.

Tull fan for good, I remain...
--

TAPKAE
http://tapkae.com

"We're the cleanup crew for parties we were too young to attend"
(Kevin Gilbert)

Cerion

KirbyRochester wrote in message
I don't think many kids have much idea as to the expression
that can be had when a real human being is sitting at a drum kit,

actually
interacting with other musicians.

Sadly too many self-styled drummers have way too much "expression". In
other words they have no rhythm.

Yes, 'tis true. Strange how otherwise talented people can be so lacking in
rhythmic sense. :-p

Rob Reedijk

Otis_thick wrote:
I am starting to see, althogh in very small drops, the very much
welcomed return of Real instrument based music.....on TV AND on the
RADIO! Some stuff even include ADULTS and vocalist who can actually
sing and I'll be damned, some of the songs sound even happy and are
about having a good time! Could it be that the draught is almost
over?

Real? No. The samplers are getting better. More RAM, and higher speed.
But it is still all MIDI musicians.

Rob R.
ryanm

"TAPKAE" wrote in message ...

I was gonna say 'shame on you' but I read on and realized it was a cruel
joke the industry played on you.

Tull fan for good, I remain...

Me too. I'd have gone to Tull anyway, but my son (my 3rd child) was born
just a few months before and I was a bit short on cash.

ryanm