John Byrns

Default Help Identify Early Fisher Amp photo

In article .com,
wrote:

http://members.aol.com/sharknews/fisheramp1.jpg amp?

http://members.aol.com/sharknews/fisherschem.jpg schematic

http://members.aol.com/sharknews/fisherinside.jpg receiver

I recently had the good fortune of aquiring a nice antique console
furniture piece and inside was housed this THE FISHER Stereo system.
Great condition for it's age. Everything powers up.

The receiver/tuner is model K2 @245 WATTS...nameplate on the back

The power amp has no markings of model and I was hoping someone here
might know what the model number is of the amp.(photo links above)

There is also an extra piece of hardware called THE FISHER DYNAMIC
Expander.( my guess is a early reverb) also tube.

Also a seperate tube phono stage

and a very cool loop antenna.

I'm going to link some photos and will be very appreciative of any help
from the group here.

It looks more like an old Fisher mono system than it does a stereo
system. It's sure a neat amplifier though, I especially like the loctal
tubes used in the push pull parallel output stage. The tuner has enough
6BA6's in it to choke a horse, with all those IF type tubes I assume it is
an AM/FM receiver? The question is where are the IF transformers that go
with them, do you have an under chassis photo?

"THE FISHER DYNAMIC Expander" is just that, a dynamic range expander, not
an early reverb. A dynamic range expander is the opposite of a
compressor, and was included in an attempt to undo some of the compression
used on records and radio, plus the expander also reduces the background
noise level.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

Thanks John

Yes this is a MONO system

here is the face http://members.aol.com/sharknews/thefisher1.jpg

One massive speaker with a horn in the middle.

Powers up fine but missing that one tube (doh)

I might want the speaker to use for recording. I suppose I'll deal or
auction the rest.

John Byrns wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

[...]

Phil Nelson

here is the face http://members.aol.com/sharknews/thefisher1.jpg

Ooh, a shortwave band plus BC and FM. Cool.

Phil Nelson