Posted to rec.audio.pro
Charles Adams Charles Adams is offline

Default Connecting phone patch to DSL line?

Need some advice, please.

I have a an old-style phone patch couplers I'd to use so clients can
hear outgoing audio rom my Pro Tools DAW. DSL comes into the same
location where I want to put the coupler, and there is a phone there as
well.

Will there be any problem connecting the coupler to the DSL connection?
I'm not quite sure how to do this.

Thanks!

C.A.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Charles Adams wrote:

I have a an old-style phone patch couplers I'd to use so clients can
hear outgoing audio rom my Pro Tools DAW. DSL comes into the same
location where I want to put the coupler, and there is a phone there as
well.

Will there be any problem connecting the coupler to the DSL connection?

You'll want to use a filter, the type that you're supposed to put ahead
of a plain old telephone
that you connect to a DSL circuit. Other than that, I see no problem as
long as you watch the level
that you're feeding to the phone patch. Depending on its age and
intention, it may not be accustomed
to the +20 dBu or so that your D/A converter can put out on peaks so be
sure you have a way to
control the level between the DAW and the phone patch.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Charles Adams wrote:

I have a an old-style phone patch couplers I'd to use so clients can
hear outgoing audio rom my Pro Tools DAW. DSL comes into the same
location where I want to put the coupler, and there is a phone there as
well.

Will there be any problem connecting the coupler to the DSL connection?
I'm not quite sure how to do this.

There shouldn't be, just use a DSL filter like you do with the telephones.
You may hear more noise than usual on the return signal from the hybrid
but if you aren't using it for anything important that'll be fine.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Charles Adams Charles Adams is offline

In article ,
Mike Rivers wrote:

Charles Adams wrote:

I have a an old-style phone patch couplers I'd to use so clients can
hear outgoing audio rom my Pro Tools DAW. DSL comes into the same
location where I want to put the coupler, and there is a phone there as
well.

Will there be any problem connecting the coupler to the DSL connection?

You'll want to use a filter, the type that you're supposed to put ahead
of a plain old telephone
that you connect to a DSL circuit. Other than that, I see no problem as
long as you watch the level
that you're feeding to the phone patch. Depending on its age and
intention, it may not be accustomed
to the +20 dBu or so that your D/A converter can put out on peaks so be
sure you have a way to
control the level between the DAW and the phone patch.

Thanks Mike, and also Scott! I'll give it a go.

C.A.

USB Phone patch Mike Cleaver Pro Audio 0 December 12th 04 08:47 PM
Home Studio Phone Patch Don Good Pro Audio 7 November 3rd 04 05:02 PM
Connecting 4-Wire (Line-in and Line-out) to a headset jack Matthew Lonergan Tech 0 February 5th 04 08:31 PM
Record off Phone Line? Murray Peterson General 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
phone patch JL Pro Audio 11 October 7th 03 01:41 AM