Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Dewey Dewey is offline

Default Audio editing advice

I have an audience master tape (not GD) that I ripped into wav format
and I'm trying to edit. Quality is high so little editing is required.
However, it's a realtively quiet acoustic show and there are places
where the audience noise (cheering, laughing, etc) are much too loud.

I've been trying to even this out using expanders and compressors in
Cool Edit 2000 but I have been dissatisfied with the results - mostly
end up with a muffled sound to the entire track or an over obvious
transition if I modify just the loud section.

I would appreciate any advice on best approaches. I also have Gold Wave
but I usually stick with Cool Edit because it is less complicated (to
me). My preference is to take the entire track (side of tape) and even
it out in one sweep, then break out the individual tracks, but I'm not
married to that.

Thanks in advance.

--
"I talked to God about that and he was like, 'No.'"

- Joe The Plumber, hearing the voices
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

I can't give you any particulars, but you might want to try "gating" if your
software allows (or can handle an add-in, which I think it can). Gating
could be set to supress volumn during theclapping at least, which might help
provide for higher overall levels for the singing/playing.

Harry

"Dewey" wrote in message
. 1.4...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 23, 9:21*am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:

* * *It is tedious, but there is no substitute for human intelligence in the
execution.

I will always 'aim' to get your blindfold fitted properly.

Editing software for editing sounds/pitches/music [email protected] Pro Audio 5 October 10th 07 04:01 PM
audio editing solutions lalli Pro Audio 0 November 2nd 06 07:00 PM
Audio editing. Neil Green General 2 September 17th 06 12:34 AM
Parts advice please: building audio-editing computer from donated computers Daniel Pro Audio 1 March 17th 06 06:21 AM
Need advice on multitrack editing software (PC) Eric Lee Productions, Inc. Pro Audio 23 February 21st 04 03:14 PM