Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Seedhouse[_2_] Ed Seedhouse[_2_] is offline

Default $6800 Audioquest cables

On Dec 1 2010, 11:36=A0am, "C. Leeds" wrote:
On 11/29/2010 12:20 AM, Rob Tweed wrote:

My comment is: who bloody cares? Yes, there are expensive - gasp! even
overpriced! - audio products. So what? It is easy to find overpriced
merchandise is almost any product category. Some people find value in
these products. So what? What difference does it make to you or me?

But of course a great part of the enjoyment of life is making fun of
Very Silly Things. You would deprive us of this?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Seedhouse[_2_] Ed Seedhouse[_2_] is offline

On Dec 2 2010, 5:46=A0am, "C. Leeds" wrote:

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. You're also free to
enjoy mocking those who buy these cables. Some others apparently find
value in these sorts of products, however.

A very good reason indeed, speaking only for my personal viewpoint, to
mock them roundly. For the perfect example see Swift, but of course
nothing I could possibly say would even approach his standards.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] is offline

* It may have been the liquor talking, but
Bob F wrote:

C. Leeds wrote:

I likewise feel it's my duty to tell people
less technically schooled than I am that fancy cables are snake oil,
and that they're wasting their money by buying them.

No, it would be a waste of money for you to buy them. Some others find
value in these products. That's their prerogative.

Just for reference, how many times have you bought yourself such cables at
multi-thousand dollar prices?

Buy the thickest, coolest looking cables you can afford; if they
sound as good as the ones from Fry's, keep 'em.

*R* *H*
--
Powered by Linux |/ 2.6.32.26-175 Fedora 12
"No spyware. No viruses. No nags." |/ 2.6.31.12-0.2 OpenSUSE 11.2
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:58:12 -0800, Rockinghorse Winner wrote
(in article ):

Bob F wrote:

C. Leeds wrote:

I likewise feel it's my duty to tell people
less technically schooled than I am that fancy cables are snake oil,
and that they're wasting their money by buying them.

No, it would be a waste of money for you to buy them. Some others find
value in these products. That's their prerogative.

Just for reference, how many times have you bought yourself such cables at
multi-thousand dollar prices?

Buy the thickest, coolest looking cables you can afford; if they
sound as good as the ones from Fry's, keep 'em.

*R* *H*

But why buy them if they merely sound "as good" as the cheap ones?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Audio Empire wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:58:12 -0800, Rockinghorse Winner wrote
(in article ):

Buy the thickest, coolest looking cables you can afford; if they
sound as good as the ones from Fry's, keep 'em.

But why buy them if they merely sound "as good" as the cheap ones?

'Cos they look *really cool*: I've got 10 gauge copper wires with
transparent insulation and they're lovely. And, if needs be, they can
be put in service as jump leads...

Andrew.