rob

Default Help-Realistic Repair

My Realistic stereo plays very well until the sound cuts off. I can
faintly hear it from the turntable. Then I turn power off and on and
it works fine for awhile. It seems like there is something wrong with
the connection to the speakers. Is that it? If so, how do I fix? If
not, any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Howard

CJT

rob wrote:

My Realistic stereo plays very well until the sound cuts off. I can
faintly hear it from the turntable. Then I turn power off and on and
it works fine for awhile. It seems like there is something wrong with
the connection to the speakers. Is that it? If so, how do I fix? If
not, any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Howard

My guess is it's overheating and runaway protection is kicking in.

Make sure your speakers are the correct impedance and that you
have adequate room around the stereo to allow air to flow.

John b

snip
yeah, also make sure that there are no little teensy strands of speaker
wire touching each other. Believe it or not, just a few of them
touching may cause your stereo to cut out

jb
Mark D. Zacharias

Model number might help - though Realistic model numbers often look like
phone numbers. So a more general description of the piece might also help.
Stereo receiver, all-in-one unit with cassette and turntable on top, etc.

Mark Z.

"rob" wrote in message
om...
My Realistic stereo plays very well until the sound cuts off. I can
faintly hear it from the turntable. Then I turn power off and on and
it works fine for awhile. It seems like there is something wrong with
the connection to the speakers. Is that it? If so, how do I fix? If
not, any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Howard

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Not a few, one would do.

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece
Analogue technology rules-digital sucks