Mark Shaw

Default CD changers: shuffle play

Didn't find any opinions in .opinion (heh), so I thought I'd
cast my net a bit wider.... Thanks.

Mark Shaw wrote:
I've got an older Sony CD changer (CDP-CX220, a 200-disk jukebox).
I was kind of surprised when I first bought the thing that, despite
the fact that I could assign my CDs to groups, create programs to
play them in particular orders, etc etc, that there was no capability
for shuffle play of disks. That is, I want to play complete disks in
random order, rather than tracks on a single or multiple disks.

To clarify: 1) choose a disk at random, 2) play all tracks on that
disk, in order, 3) choose another disk at random, and so on.

I figured that this was an oversight, and that Sony would eventually
correct the matter. But now I find myself considering a newer changer
(the old one needs service, and I'm making plans to replace it if
necessary), and an examination of the online manuals for the currently-
offered models indicates that this feature is STILL not available.

This seems so BASIC to me. Anyone know why they haven't done this?
Alternately, anyone have any suggestions for 200-disk+ changers made
by other manufacturers that do have this feature?

(Yes, I know about the Nirvis Slink-e, and am researching it.)

Thanks.

(If responding by email, please note demunging instructions below.)

--
Mark Shaw anti-spam: change 'bang' to 'not' to email me
"Books... stick egg-beaters in your head and make you think.... They'll

--
Mark Shaw anti-spam: change 'bang' to 'not' to email me
"Books... stick egg-beaters in your head and make you think.... They'll
shape a personal philosophy that lasts a lifetime." Rob "Acidman" Smith

Player that can play between markers BlueDoze General 2 February 22nd 04 04:25 AM
why cds won't play in car RB General 11 December 3rd 03 11:15 AM
Can I play Analog on a Regular Casette Deck??? Junter 52 General 3 November 8th 03 12:23 PM
Nakamichi Random Play issue Karl Engel General 1 October 24th 03 03:52 AM