bob wald

Default kicker ks69

I know kicker makes 1 of the best speakers under $100. i'm thinking of
trying one.but will it sound as good as my 4yr old cerwin vega
6x9s,3way?

Chris Mullins

troll you should already know the answer, we're all stupid remember?

"bob wald" wrote in message
I know kicker makes 1 of the best speakers under $100. i'm thinking of
trying one.but will it sound as good as my 4yr old cerwin vega
6x9s,3way?

Kirby

"bob wald" wrote in message
I know kicker makes 1 of the best speakers under $100. i'm thinking of
trying one.but will it sound as good as my 4yr old cerwin vega
6x9s,3way?

Why don't you stick to your best speakers under $30?

Jethro

It really doesn't matter... unless you have a vehicle with door or dash
mounted 6x9's, they are just a waste of money. You would be better off
spending the money to improve the sound of your front stage rather than
the sound coming from behind you.

--
Jethro

old school SQ guy
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=226333

bob wald

jethro...my front speakers are already a+....
also i dont believe the bs about yur rear speakers are a waste.it all
blends to make the overall sound of your car.
Since you usually put 35% more power to the rear speakers...
ALSO TO those of YOU..how could I know about HOW KICKER sounds if I
never heard ONE.SO I DONT know everything.

bob wald

also kicker ks69s are going for $75.usually $119.....

Jethro

"jethro...my front speakers are already a+....
also i dont believe the bs about yur rear speakers are a waste.it all
blends to make the overall sound of your car.
Since you usually put 35% more power to the rear speakers...
ALSO TO those of YOU..how could I know about HOW KICKER sounds if I
never heard ONE.SO I DONT know everything."

Why on earth would you put more power to your rear speakers than to you
put to your front? The goal is not to make a front/rear blended
sound... it is to create a realistic FRONT stage. When you go to a
concert, you sit with the musicians in FRONT of you, so the goal in a
car should be to have sound coming from in FRONT of you as well.

Having multiple speakers producing the same frequencies from different
locations inside a car will only degrade the sound. A nice set of
components (or a really nice set of coaxials) in the front doors or
kick panels is usually the best option, but you can also get some
success mounting midbasses in the doors and tweeters in the dash (if
you do it right). I personally prefer no rear fill at all... and many
other in the car audio world feel the same way (many award winning SQ
vehicles).

Go find a local Kicker dealer and listen to the KS69's in person...
that is really the best way to know if they sound good or not.

--
Jethro

old school SQ guy
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=226357

MZ

Why on earth would you put more power to your rear speakers than to you
put to your front? The goal is not to make a front/rear blended
sound... it is to create a realistic FRONT stage.

Who says?

bob wald

different speakers even with the same frez will not sound alike..like
6x9s to 5 1/4s..so on.....
and different brands......
i've decided i must lower my advice.you dont even know the simplest
things.by this one here..lol is this guy 1 of your lil gangs
smartest?????