Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rishilbabu@gmail.com is offline

Default Yes you can now capture a Live Internet audio stream..

I polled a couple of colleagues for help with this question and
here's what I found out... One of my friends says that TotalRecorder
will capture anything that plays to your speakers in Windows. There's
also a utility floating around call ASFRecorder that will grab
Microsoft audio streams straight off the net (violating the stream-only
rule, I think). I think it violates (and predates) the DMCA, so it may
be hard to find. (Hint: I've got it around here somewhere.) Comes with
source code.

more details at
http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/09/...net-audio.html

Enjoy!!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] daan.hagoort@gmail.com is offline

Or you can use Adobe Audition or Sony Soundforge.

Cheers Daan

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Kevin T wrote:
wrote:
Or you can use Adobe Audition or Sony Soundforge.

Ok Now I'm curious! How do use Audition to do this?

Or with Sound Forge?

I'm a satisfied Total Recorder user, but I also have Sound Forge.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg Deputy Dumbya Dawg is offline

jetAudio is supposed to do this. I could not get it to
work. So I just send the audio from my laptop out over
SPDIF and record on another machine with Nuendo.

http://www.download-zone-free.com/jetaudio/

peace
Phil

"Kevin T" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: wrote:
: Or you can use Adobe Audition or Sony Soundforge.
:
: Cheers Daan
:
: Ok Now I'm curious! How do use Audition to do this?
I have A.A.1.5 on
: a Win XP Dell laptop w/ Sigtel AC97 internal and
MAudio Audiophile USB
: external sound card. I would love to grab an
occational Youtube or
: Pandora streams
:
: Kevin T
:

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

You don't need Total Recorder *IF* your computer sound
"card" has the "record what you hear" option for record source.
If you have that option, you can record with Audition or any
software that uses the standard OS recording method.
Or am I missing something here?

I don't know. If I have that option, I'm not aware of it. Where would I
find it?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:03:20 -0500, jakdedert
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:54:15 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"Mike Rivers" wrote...
Kevin T wrote:
wrote:
Or you can use Adobe Audition or Sony Soundforge.
Ok Now I'm curious! How do use Audition to do this?
Or with Sound Forge?

I'm a satisfied Total Recorder user, but I also have Sound Forge.
You don't need Total Recorder *IF* your computer sound
"card" has the "record what you hear" option for record source.
If you have that option, you can record with Audition or any
software that uses the standard OS recording method.
Or am I missing something here?

On mine, the option to enable in the record section of the windows
mixer is "Windows Mixer". With that selected, anything heard is
recorded.

Firefox has a plugin which allows this. Download "UnPlug" and install.
Whenever you want to save, as opposed to stream; right click the URL
and select 'UnPlug' from the submenu. It will take you to a URL which
is a downloadable file.

I've never tried it for continuously streaming resources (like internet
radio); but it works fine for stuff like Utube videos....

jak

How do you play the resulting files (.flt or something)?

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kevin T Kevin T is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
Richard Crowley wrote:

You don't need Total Recorder *IF* your computer sound
"card" has the "record what you hear" option for record source.
If you have that option, you can record with Audition or any
software that uses the standard OS recording method.
Or am I missing something here?

I don't know. If I have that option, I'm not aware of it. Where would I
find it?

In my last life (at Lucent Bell labs) I Used to have this on My work
Lab PCs with SBLive cards / mixers. so I guess its on Creative cards
which I no longer have .

Kevin T.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Mike Rivers" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote:

You don't need Total Recorder *IF* your computer sound
"card" has the "record what you hear" option for record source.
If you have that option, you can record with Audition or any
software that uses the standard OS recording method.
Or am I missing something here?

I don't know. If I have that option, I'm not aware of it. Where would I
find it?

If your sound system (card or whatever) HAS that function,
it should be one of the selections to display as a record source.
Remember that there is a menu of check-boxes that select
which record sources you can see/control. (Same for playback).
[Assumes a recent version of MSwin]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
chiefwiggum chiefwiggum is offline

I use a program called SoundTap. It emulates an actual sound card and
can digitally record any audio that you can play on your computer -
before it goes through the sound card so the copy is perfect digital.

http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2 Nov 2006 21:25:53 -0800, "chiefwiggum"
wrote:

I use a program called SoundTap. It emulates an actual sound card and
can digitally record any audio that you can play on your computer -
before it goes through the sound card so the copy is perfect digital.

http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap

But do remember that on most systems all you need is any wav recorder
and a simple soundcard setting to the appropriate Record Input.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
chiefwiggum chiefwiggum is offline

But do remember that on most systems all you need is any wav recorder
and a simple soundcard setting to the appropriate Record Input.

No. This requires a digital - analogue - digital conversion. For pure
digital reproduction you need something like a virtual sound card.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 20 Nov 2006 22:02:34 -0800, "chiefwiggum"
wrote:

But do remember that on most systems all you need is any wav recorder
and a simple soundcard setting to the appropriate Record Input.

No. This requires a digital - analogue - digital conversion. For pure
digital reproduction you need something like a virtual sound card.

So what? This is an Internet stream, not hi-fi. Who cares if there's
a conversion?