Analogeezer

Ty Ford wrote in message ...
Ya know, if absolutely No One responded to "Phil", and everyone killfiled it,
it basically would cease to exist.

In case it hasn't occurred to you, "Phil" is actually just a computer virus
or fuzzy logic bot planted on this newsgroup by some techo guys in a lab in
Cambridge with a weird sense of humor.

Let's try a test to see what happens if we eliminate input to the bot and
ignore its output. I'm guessing its internal feedback circuits will mount to
such a high current that it may just go Poof!

How Rod Serling-esque!

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

Analogeezer

stuff are at www.tyford.com

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

Analogeezer
dan lavry

"Phil Allison" wrote in message ...
"dan lavry"
Pooh Bear
I suspect that 0.1% resistors are generally manufactured on a special

line. They are a specilaised high
cost item. In any event, the demand for them is inadequate to exhaust

those 1% types that would be 0.1%.

When I brought that issue about .1% being tighter tolerance for better
common mode rejection,

** Which, as I demonstrated with real tests, is a total fallacy.

It depends on the circuit ahaed! Take a standard single opamp
differential amp, which is a pretty typical input circuit to a lot of
mixers. Say the input resistance to both + and - terminals is a
perfect 10KOhm. A mismatch in the 2 series attenuator resistors will
cause common mode degradation.

It is true that the 1% are typicaly tighter than 1%, but the same is
true for the .1% resistors, so a factor of 10 is nothing to sneeze at,
especialy for almost no additional cost.

I did mention the tempco which is temperature
coefficient, and I pointed at 25ppm .1% as a "reasonable" way to go.

** It is a pedantic fool's idea.

You are rude and crude, and disrespecdtful of your fellow men. And if
you are wrong to think that telling others they are fools brings you
up. It lowers you down.

Let me point out that I my sugestion to invest the couple of bucks was
reasonable,

** It is a pedantic fool's idea.

You are rude and crude, and disrespecdtful of your fellow men. And if
you are wrong to think that telling others they are fools brings you
up. It lowers you down.

I could have "gone crazy" to sugest some really expansive parts

** That would be a pedantic ****wit's idea.

You are rude and crude, and disrespecdtful of your fellow men. And if
you are wrong to think that telling others they are fools brings you
up. It lowers you down.

Those that understood my comments about initial matching and tracking
of materials on the same substrate can now understand how resistor
based DAC's are designed. It is the same thing - good initial matching
(often done with laser triming of the material), and than all the
resistors are made of the same material, and all in a very small
space, thus same temperature and other conditions...

** Massive red herring.
.......... Phil

It takes more then sitting there and making 3 word statments like the
final authority which you OBVIOUSLY ARE NOT. I say something with REAL
CONTENT, and you dismiss it in 3 words, and dissmisive words at that.
Do you think it earses the good content that I out there?

Imagine for a minute that everything you say is encounered with a
phrase like "pedantic ****wit's idea". After 30 years of design, I can
tell real designer from someone trying to pretend be more then they
are. A real designer would stay on topic, and be respectfull of other
real designers.

Dan Lavry
Lavry Engineering

stuff are at www.tyford.com

I have it on good authority that Phil is actually the secret return of Jarl Sigurd!

Analogeezer

stuff are at www.tyford.com

I have it on good authority that Phil is actually the secret return of Jarl Sigurd!

Analogeezer
Arny Krueger

"Analogeezer" wrote in message

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

...laid by a 2 x 4 or a baseball bat? ;-)

Arny Krueger

"Analogeezer" wrote in message

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

...laid by a 2 x 4 or a baseball bat? ;-)

David O'H

"Analogeezer" wrote in message

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

Uh, do I want to know how one gets laid badly?

Dave O'H, who killfiled the troll *ages* ago

Wayne

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
m...

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

Uh, do I want to know how one gets laid badly?

Dave O'H, who killfiled the troll *ages* ago

Oximoron
The worst I ever had was wonderful. :)

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-

Mikey

Chris Hornbeck wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:12:26 -0400, Ty Ford
wrote:

Ya know, if absolutely No One responded to "Phil", and everyone killfiled it,
it basically would cease to exist.

Easy for you to say. You got a nickname; all I get is "Hornbeck".
Kind of a funny name I guess, but not at all the same thing as a
nickname. But I refuse to respond to the AI until I get a nickname.
And another shrubbery.

Chris Hornbeck

Let's get on with it, then - ASAP. I dub thee... Chrissy? Christ?
Cree? Crow? ...ahhhh....
Cray? Yeah - Cray...
Hurry, man, no time to lose! Ty, send him a shrubbery.

(Posing, flexing, hands on hips, looking off to the distance)
"My work here is done!"
(Flies away)

Mikey Wozniak
Nova Music Productions
This sig is haiku

George

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

Analogeezer

I almost agree he does need to get laid, laid out!
George

Phil Allison

"dan lavry"
"Phil Allison"

When I brought that issue about .1% being tighter tolerance for better
common mode rejection,

** Which, as I demonstrated with real tests, is a total fallacy.

It depends on the circuit ahaed! Take a standard single opamp
differential amp, which is a pretty typical input circuit to a lot of
mixers.

** WRONG.

Say the input resistance to both + and - terminals is a
perfect 10KOhm.

** Never for a mic preamp.

The topic was an attenuator for a mic pre-amp.

You are so wrong it is not funny.

I did mention the tempco which is temperature
coefficient, and I pointed at 25ppm .1% as a "reasonable" way to go.

** It is a pedantic fool's idea.

You are rude and crude, and disrespecdtful of your fellow men.

** You are desperate, pedantic fool

Your BAD ADVICE harms.

[...]

** Irrelevant tripe.

After 30 years of design, I can
tell real designer from someone trying to pretend be more then they
are.

** So can I.

A real designer would stay on topic, and be respectfull of other
real designers.

** And you have done neither.

BTW You need a spell checker - or else use only words you can spell.

.............. Phil

Phil Allison

"Arny Krueger"
"Analogeezer"

I just think that Phil needs to get laid...very badly.

..laid by a 2 x 4 or a baseball bat? ;-)

** That will not get you into heaven - Arny.

.......... Phil

Mike Rivers

For pete's sake - can't somebody find this guy and cut off his
fingers? Every one of them?

I've taken a lot of abuse from Phil Allison and tried to be good
natured about it, but his last round of insults to Dan Lavry is
inexcusable. It's not funny any more.

Phil, I know you've heard "you don't know who you're talking to" a
lot. I can't believe that you're ignorant enough not to know who
you're talking to. Dan is a respected designer of products that some
of us take pride in using because they work better than anything else
on the market for what they do. He understands theory, and equally
important, puts it into practice.

He probably does need a spell checker. English isn't his first
language.

Phil, you're a despicable lower-than-worm and you don't deserve to
live.

Eat solder and die.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Phil Allison

"Mike Rivers"

For pete's sake - can't somebody find this guy and cut off his
fingers? Every one of them?

** Making violent criminal threats are you now - Mike ???

That is a **new low** even for a demented parrot .

I've taken a lot of abuse from Phil Allison and tried to be good
natured about it,

** So following me all over this NG and posting idiotic, irrelevant,
malicious misinterpretations of my every word was because you ***admire***
me ???

Your asshole posturing knows no bounds.

** Yeah - that Krueger ego maniac likes to say similar ****.

I can't believe that you're ignorant enough not to know who
you're talking to.

** I could say that too Mike - but I am not into big noting myself.

Dan is a respected designer of products that some
of us take pride in using because they work better than anything else
on the market for what they do. He understands theory, and equally
important, puts it into practice.

** Just how would a know nothing parrot know that ????????

He probably does need a spell checker. English isn't his first
language.

** Clear thinking is not either.

Phil, you're a despicable lower-than-worm and you don't deserve to
live.

** So Dan is one of your heroes ??

How pathetic.

Eat solder and die.

** Boy - now I am really scared !!

.............. Phil

Ty Ford

Mike,

You must have missed my nulling Phil post.

"Phil" is a virus or fuzzy logic implanted into the group. The more you feed
into it, the longer it exists. Stop feeding and killfile it and it goes away.
Got it?

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Ricky W. Hunt

"Ty Ford" wrote in message

"Phil" is a virus or fuzzy logic implanted into the group.

I made this exact claim a few months ago. I was serious too. I'd like to
know if anyone has actually met him in real life. I he's not a fuzzy logic
program he's a darn good imitation of one.

S O'Neill

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:

"Ty Ford" wrote in message

"Phil" is a virus or fuzzy logic implanted into the group.

I made this exact claim a few months ago. I was serious too. I'd like to
know if anyone has actually met him in real life. I he's not a fuzzy logic
program he's a darn good imitation of one.

Look at how repetitive he is. Just an Eliza program gone sour, he fails
the Turing test.

so what

Mike Rivers wrote:

Eat solder and die.

You went over his head with that one.

so what

Mike Rivers wrote:

Eat solder and die.

You went over his head with that one.

dan lavry

"Phil Allison" wrote in message ...
"dan lavry"
"Phil Allison"
It depends on the circuit ahaed! Take a standard single opamp
differential amp, which is a pretty typical input circuit to a lot of
mixers.

** WRONG.

You are uninformed!

Say the input resistance to both + and - terminals is a
perfect 10KOhm.

** Never for a mic preamp.

So it is 6.8KOhm, the idea is the same. But we are talking mixers, not
micpre.

The topic was an attenuator for a mic pre-amp.
You are so wrong it is not funny.

Here is how the whole thread started:

"The signal I get on certain close-miced drums is too hot for my
mixer, which
doesn't have any built-in attenuation."

He said mixer! Not mic preamp. In any case you are an unimressive sort
and I will not lower myself to your gutter level. You really give a
new meaning to rudness. I have seen few that got to be as rude as you.
Your sort goes for attention, and often it backfires. You are not far
from getting to the point that more people will ask you to get lost.
Than all your real mean spirited behaviour will not get you the
attention you want so badly.

To all my friends: Sorry I have to leave that thread. Let me know when
you got rid of that guy.

BR
Dan Lavry

Mike Rivers

In article writes:

** Making violent criminal threats are you now - Mike ???

Yes. So sue me. Then at least I'll know who and where you really are
and I can sue you for slander. You've clearly slandered me and
potentially damaged my career.

I would happily break your fingers. I'm not a violent person, but you
bring out that streak in me. I know I'm 'lowering myself" by saying
this, but it must be said. Phil, you're out of control and if it takes
physical violence to get you to straight out or get out of here, I
support it. I'd rather you just left peacefully or started responding
civilly, but asking just doesn't seem to work.

I've taken a lot of abuse from Phil Allison and tried to be good
natured about it,

** So following me all over this NG and posting idiotic, irrelevant,
malicious misinterpretations of my every word was because you ***admire***
me ???

Uh . . . who's following who? When did you arrive here?

I can't believe that you're ignorant enough not to know who
you're talking to.

** I could say that too Mike - but I am not into big noting myself.

So where are your products, your papers, your articles that might
command a little respect? You don't see guys like Dan Lavry, Dan
Kennedy, John LaGrou, Eveanna Manley making asses of themselves by
spouting insults, or stating brief and often irrelevant facts in a
rude manner. Their reputation speaks for itself. So does yours.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )