Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

Default For Sale NEW mackie 1642 500$

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 06:05:56 -0400, "George's ProSound Company"
wrote:

So what does "acoustic" mean?

www.myspace.com/barleywinecny
george

Yes, I saw. Looks great, sure it sounds just as good! But you're
using amplification. How is "acoustic" a description?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

wrote:

So what does "acoustic" mean?

www.myspace.com/barleywinecny
george

Yes, I saw. Looks great, sure it sounds just as good! But you're
using amplification. How is "acoustic" a description?

For goodness sake. All those instruments produce their full and final
sound without electronic intervention. It is perfectly ok to take that
sound and reinforce it for the benefit of people further away, or even
record it or broadcast it over the radio for that matter. It is still
acoustic music. Nothing there has to be plugged in, in order to produce
its sound.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:54:15 +0100, Don Pearce
wrote:

Yes, I saw. Looks great, sure it sounds just as good! But you're
using amplification. How is "acoustic" a description?

For goodness sake. All those instruments produce their full and final
sound without electronic intervention. It is perfectly ok to take that
sound and reinforce it for the benefit of people further away, or even
record it or broadcast it over the radio for that matter. It is still
acoustic music. Nothing there has to be plugged in, in order to produce
its sound.

OK. That's how the term's used is it? When I walk into a hall and
say "Oh good, we can work acoustic tonight" it means I don't have to
set up the PA :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's ProSound Company George's ProSound Company is offline

wrote:

So what does "acoustic" mean?

www.myspace.com/barleywinecny
george

Yes, I saw. Looks great, sure it sounds just as good! But you're
using amplification. How is "acoustic" a description?

because in smaller quieter venues we perfom without a sound system
we are "acoustic" that occasionally needs reinforcment

we do have the ability to do shows without amplification. just a busy
farmers market wasn't one of them

George

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's ProSound Company George's ProSound Company is offline

news
wrote:

Yes, I saw. Looks great, sure it sounds just as good! But you're
using amplification. How is "acoustic" a description?

For goodness sake. All those instruments produce their full and final
sound without electronic intervention. It is perfectly ok to take that
sound and reinforce it for the benefit of people further away, or even
record it or broadcast it over the radio for that matter. It is still
acoustic music. Nothing there has to be plugged in, in order to produce
its sound.

OK. That's how the term's used is it?

yes that is how the term is used,everywhere. sorry you were not aware

george

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Laurence Payne wrote:

So what does "acoustic" mean?

These days, usually little more than no electronic drum kits. So go sue
'em for false advertising.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Laurence Payne wrote:

OK. That's how the term's used is it? When I walk into a hall and
say "Oh good, we can work acoustic tonight" it means I don't have to
set up the PA :-)

Well, can you? If so, why not?

me he
)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

OK. That's how the term's used is it? When I walk into a hall and
say "Oh good, we can work acoustic tonight" it means I don't have to
set up the PA :-)

Well, can you? If so, why not?

Eh?

sorry, didn't relize you were canadian :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Laurence Payne wrote:

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:30:13 GMT, Mike Rivers
wrote:

It's probably a silly question, but why does an acoustic band need a
mixing desk?

If they don't hear plenty of monitor, some band member keeps asking
(from 3 feet away from the one mic on stage) "Is this mic on?"

But often as not, in order to make enough money to be worth while taking
the gig, they have to play in venues too large or too noisy to get
sufficient gain before feedback with a single mic, so they meed to use
multiple mics just alike a rock band. And often, they want to be just as
loud.

So what does "acoustic" mean?

It means one uses acoustic instruments generally not fitted with pickups
and one plays one's instruments into microphones.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] audioaesthetic@gmail.com is offline

On Aug 30, 8:28 am, "George's ProSound Company"
wrote:

Well, can you? If so, why not?

Eh?

sorry, didn't relize you were canadian :-)

hey don't be bashing canadians like that ...
and watch those emoticons!!!
and where did you learn to spell
the same place that taught you manners???

It means one uses acoustic instruments generally not fitted with pickups
and one plays one's instruments into microphones

hey Hank
is a loudspeaker an acoustic instrument??
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

Well, can you? If so, why not?

Eh?

sorry, didn't relize you were canadian :-)

hey don't be bashing canadians like that ...
and watch those emoticons!!!
and where did you learn to spell
the same place that taught you manners???

It means one uses acoustic instruments generally not fitted with pickups
and one plays one's instruments into microphones

hey Hank
is a loudspeaker an acoustic instrument??

Depends whether we get 'em from a white van or Meyer Sound.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

wrote:

OK. That's how the term's used is it? When I walk into a hall and
say "Oh good, we can work acoustic tonight" it means I don't have to
set up the PA :-)
Well, can you? If so, why not?

Eh?

sorry, didn't relize you were canadian :-)

That's why he doesn't play in front of enough people to need a PA :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's ProSound Company George's ProSound Company is offline

That's why he doesn't play in front of enough people to need a PA :-)

truth be told I hate pa systems for the music I love
but like shoes, some times ya just need them
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] audioaesthetic@gmail.com is offline

On Aug 30, 2:30 pm, "George's ProSound Company"
wrote:
That's why he doesn't play in front of enough people to need a PA :-)

truth be told I hate pa systems for the music I love
but like shoes, some times ya just need them
George

the problem is that the pa is the final musical instrument you are
playing ,
if you are using one, and I bet you spent a lot on your musical
instruments,
and carefully chose the one that talked to you. (price points
allowance here)
but you buy your pa gear on whim and caprice ...
go **** yourself ... well you are really doing just that
a $3,000 tuned musical instrument through a 49.95 blue light special
sounds like
a blue light special audio filter just ..... the pooch!!!!

A chain is only as good as it's weakest link.
Meyer Sound is a musical instrument maker!, good point!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
[...]

I use upa-1'sfor my small acoutic act
I use msl3's for acts like Del McCoury/Railroad Earth

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] audioaesthetic@gmail.com is offline

wrote:
[...]

I ... the pooch,
either I stand corrected or I preached to the choir ...
where is that .... emoticon???
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
That's why he doesn't play in front of enough people to need a PA
:-)

[...]

and I give trash bands behringers
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] audioaesthetic@gmail.com is offline

wrote:
[...]

slander slander
a bigot who thinks that ...
opps it is a Holiday, think I'll chill ...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
[...]

No insult intended
I work with screamo bands that think nothing of kicking my monitors into the
mosh pit
if you think I would put my eaw monitors in the line of fire at shows like
that, that would be crazy
I own , right now about 48 monitors of all diffrent qualities
from the lowly yet functional behringer f1520's up tocustom in house design
useing sony silk domes and ribbons
I have various front ends as well'
from my meyers upa's and msl/ over eaw bh/and la series subs down to
yamahas over rcf subs
the rcf 1018's are actually damn good subs

I carry this line of thought through my entire rental inventory
from cad22a mics to sennheiser431's and beyer m88's

match the tools to the job, and match the expense to the return on
investment
george

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] audioaesthetic@gmail.com is offline

On Sep 1, 8:22 am, "George's ProSound Company"
No insult intended
I work with screamo bands that think nothing of kicking my monitors into the
mosh pit
if you think I would put my eaw monitors in the line of fire at shows like
that, that would be crazy

non taken, was trying humor and it was a **** poor try!!!!
humor cue
(can ya shot the mother who trashes your stuff) (damn peasants!!!)

Mackie 1642 question George's ProSound Company Pro Audio 5 August 29th 08 02:04 AM
FS: Mackie 32*8 mixing console, Mackie Sidecar rack stv Pro Audio 0 December 18th 07 03:04 PM
Mackie 1642-VLZ preamps vs Aardvark Q10 preamps? other suggestions? sam Pro Audio 1 October 19th 04 01:29 PM
Mackie 32*8 for sale Ray P. Pro Audio 0 October 21st 03 07:16 PM
For Sale!! Mackie "Micro Series" 1202 12-channel mixer Maurice McKinley Marketplace 0 September 21st 03 11:28 PM