Posted to rec.audio.pro
knadles knadles is offline

Default Tascam HD-P2: What are the plastic things on the end of the strapcalled?

Or even better, where can I purchase them? I'm talking about the
little tab that locks the strap to the metal stud on the recorder.

I have a broken one, and an assignment in a couple of weeks in which
I'll need to be able to sling the recorder over my shoulder. I
contacted Tascam, and they don't even know if they can get the part.
They can sell me a replacement strap, which I don't need, but the
strap doesn't include the tabs. Nice.

Any suggestions? This has got to be an off-the-shelf part somewhere in
the world.

Thanks,

Pete
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

knadles wrote:
Or even better, where can I purchase them? I'm talking about the
little tab that locks the strap to the metal stud on the recorder.

I'd look in a camping or sport shop. They probably break on backpacks too.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
knadles knadles is offline

On Aug 28, 12:11*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
knadles wrote:
Or even better, where can I purchase them? I'm talking about the
little tab that locks the strap to the metal stud on the recorder.

I'd look in a camping or sport shop. They probably break on backpacks too..

me he
)

Thanks for the idea. I'll look into that, although these are a
different design from what I've seen on backpacks. They're kind of a
plastic version of that wide/narrow oblong hole you see on the back of
wooden plaques, with a little plastic door that snaps down to lock the
metal stud into the narrow part.

Pete
Posted to rec.audio.pro

knadles wrote:
They're kind of a
plastic version of that wide/narrow oblong hole you see on the back of
wooden plaques, with a little plastic door that snaps down to lock the
metal stud into the narrow part.

Oh, those. You might have to try to get a whole new strap from TASCAM.
Wanna bet it's not a stocked item?

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

On Aug 28, 12:40*pm, knadles wrote:

I contacted Tascam, and they don't even know if they can get the part.
They can sell me a replacement strap, which I don't need, but the
strap doesn't include the tabs. Nice.

This is the same crap I had to put up with when servicing Tascam
back in the '80s. And we were a full-line stocking dealer, and an
authorized warranty station. Apparently Teac/Tascam (still) have no
interest in or ability to provide replacement parts for their
products.

Any suggestions? This has got to be an off-the-shelf part somewhere in
the world.

Best of luck to you. If you do find a suitable replacement
post the info here to help the next guy down the line.

rd

Posted to rec.audio.pro
knadles knadles is offline

On Aug 28, 5:13*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
knadleswrote:
They're kind of a
plastic version of that wide/narrow oblong hole you see on the back of
wooden plaques, with a little plastic door that snaps down to lock the
metal stud into the narrow part.

Oh, those. You might have to try to get a whole new strap from TASCAM.
Wanna bet it's not a stocked item?

me he
)

That's the weird part. The strap IS a stock item, but it doesn't come
with the tabs. I'd gladly overpay for the strap if it would get me the
plastic bits I need, but apparently, Tascam thinks that the strap is
the only part that's likely to need replacement. I think, short of
assault with a scissors, a nylon strap should last about 100 years,
but that's just me.

Pete
Posted to rec.audio.pro
knadles knadles is offline

On Aug 28, 5:31*pm, RD Jones wrote:
On Aug 28, wrote:

I contacted Tascam, and they don't even know if they can get the part.
They can sell me a replacement strap, which I don't need, but the
strap doesn't include the tabs. Nice.

This is the same crap I had to put up with when servicing Tascam
back in the '80s. And we were a full-line stocking dealer, and an
authorized warranty station. Apparently Teac/Tascam (still) have no
interest in or ability to provide replacement parts for their
products.

Any suggestions? This has got to be an off-the-shelf part somewhere in
the world.

Best of luck to you. If you do find a suitable replacement
post the info here to help the next guy down the line.

rd

I will. Maybe I'll order a few hundred of them and make a living off
of selling them for five bucks apiece.

Pete
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Kotroczo Joe Kotroczo is offline

On 28/08/08 18:40, in article
, "knadles"
wrote:

(...)

Any suggestions? This has got to be an off-the-shelf part somewhere in
the world.

I'm not sure, but the studs on the Fostex FR-2 look like they could be the
same size as those on the Tascam?

--
Joe Kotroczo

Posted to rec.audio.pro
knadles knadles is offline

On Aug 29, 7:44*am, Joe Kotroczo wrote:
On 28/08/08 18:40, in article
, "knadles"

wrote:

(...)

Any suggestions? This has got to be an off-the-shelf part somewhere in
the world.

I'm not sure, but the studs on the Fostex FR-2 look like they could be the
same size as those on the Tascam?

--
Joe Kotroczo * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ooh. Good catch. Maybe I can get them through Fostex. How ironic would
that be? Thanks!

Peter
Posted to rec.audio.pro
knadles knadles is offline

On Aug 29, 12:31*pm, Joe Kotroczo wrote:
On 29/08/08 18:20, in article
, "knadles"

wrote:
On Aug 29, 7:44*am, Joe Kotroczo wrote:
On 28/08/08 18:40, in article
, "knadles"

wrote:

(...)

Any suggestions? This has got to be an off-the-shelf part somewhere in
the world.

I'm not sure, but the studs on the Fostex FR-2 look like they could be the
same size as those on the Tascam?

--
Joe Kotroczo * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ooh. Good catch. Maybe I can get them through Fostex. How ironic would
that be? Thanks!

Other stuff with studs that /could/ be the same: HHB Portadrive and
Portadisc.

Question: why not just get a proper bag for it? Portabrace for example? Will
keep the recorder from getting banged up too much when working
over-the-shoulder...

--
Joe Kotroczo * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Good question. I agree a good case like a Portabrace is a valuable
thing. But I don't work over-the-shoulder a lot. In fact, this'll be
the first time in two years. Usually, I record music with it and it's
sitting on a table, but I've been asked by my employer to go to a
conference where I may be moving around and interviewing some people.
Suddenly, having a working strap has become an issue.

Thanks for the alternate suggestions. I'll check them out.

Pete

Plastic Bobbins west Vacuum Tubes 26 January 11th 07 01:53 PM
plastic or cardboard woofers? [email protected] Audio Opinions 3 September 11th 06 01:09 PM
Will That Be Paper or Plastic? [email protected] Audio Opinions 95 March 11th 06 05:31 AM
Rattling plastic in my econobox John Opezdol Car Audio 0 February 17th 04 01:14 AM
Why is the AR XA headshell made of plastic? Nicole Kidman Audio Opinions 3 July 17th 03 11:06 PM