Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

Default Is a iLok smart key the same as a dongle

Is my USB key that came with cubase SL3 the same thing as
a ilok smart key. I want to buy some software from musiciansfriend
but
they don't sell ilok keys. So, If I buy auto-tune from them will my
USB cubase key do what needs to be done for registering/ unlocking my
autotune?
Thanks
Danny
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Aug 29, 12:52*am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Danny T" wrote in message

Is my USB key that came with cubase SL3 the same thing as
a ilok smart key. I want to buy some software from musiciansfriend
but
they don't sell ilok keys. So, If I buy auto-tune from them will my
USB cubase key do what needs to be done for registering/ unlocking my
autotune?
Thanks
Danny

Sorry, no. *Cubase uses Syncrosoft keys. Ilok is a different manufacturer.
The keys are not software compatible.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Where do I find an iLok? Musiciansfriend is selling software that
needs it and they don't sell it. In fact, I think they are really
misleading people because they are hiding it a bit that their software
needs it. When I called to see if they had the ilok they couldn't even
tell me where to look to find one~
ANyway, if you know where I can buy one I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Danny T" wrote...
Where do I find an iLok? Musiciansfriend is selling software that
needs it and they don't sell it. In fact, I think they are really
misleading people because they are hiding it a bit that their software
needs it. When I called to see if they had the ilok they couldn't even
tell me where to look to find one~
ANyway, if you know where I can buy one I'd be very appreciative.

www.ilock.com (duh?)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Key?sku=241800

Several other places, as well.

Have you heard of "Google"?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

"Danny T" *wrote...

www.ilock.com* *(duh?)http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...USB-Key?sku=24...

Several other places, as well.

Have you heard of "Google"?

Thanks for the link but the snide remarks isn't all that friendly! If
you don't know what you are looking for its hard to ... well ... look
for it. Maybe I should just google a question mark?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Kotroczo Joe Kotroczo is offline

On 29/08/08 21:02, in article
, "Danny T"
wrote:

On Aug 29, 2:04*am, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Danny T" *wrote...
Where do I find an iLok? Musiciansfriend is selling software that
needs it and they don't sell it. In fact, I think they are really
misleading people because they are hiding it a bit that their software
needs it. When I called to see if they had the ilok they couldn't even
tell me where to look to find one~
ANyway, if you know where I can buy one I'd be very appreciative.

www.ilock.com*
*(duh?)http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...USB-Key?sku=24.
..

Several other places, as well.

Have you heard of "Google"?

Thanks for the link but the snide remarks isn't all that friendly! If
you don't know what you are looking for its hard to ... well ... look
for it. Maybe I should just google a question mark?

Googling "Where do I find an iLok?" would have got you there... ;-)
(In case you didn't notice: that's the very same question you asked us.)

--
Joe Kotroczo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
fatfatjames fatfatjames is offline

On Aug 30, 4:10*am, Soundhaspriority wrote:
On 29/08/08 21:02, in article
, "Danny T"
wrote:

On Aug 29, 2:04*am, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Danny T" *wrote...
Where do I find aniLok? Musiciansfriend is selling software that
needs it and they don't sell it. In fact, I think they are really
misleading people because they are hiding it a bit that their software
needs it. When I called to see if they had theilokthey couldn't even
tell me where to look to find one~
ANyway, if you know where I can buy one I'd be very appreciative.

www.ilock.com*

*(duh?)http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-iLok-USB-Key?sku=24
.

..

Several other places, as well.

Have you heard of "Google"?
Thanks for the link but the snide remarks isn't all that friendly! If
you don't know what you are looking for its hard to ... well ... look
for it. Maybe I should just google a question mark?

Googling "Where do I find aniLok?" would have got you there... ;-)
(In case you didn't notice: that's the very same question you asked us.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

I don't understand why everyone jumps in to answer this question, and never
answers any of mine.

I think it's a conspiracy to keep me from challenging your careers and
stealing work from you.

http://robertmorein.blogspot.com/

"I don't really have a replacement career, it's a very gnawing thing."

Robert Morein
Dresher, PA
(310) 237-6511
(215) 646-4894

hi does metacorder uses this ilok key?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Danny T" wrote...
Thanks for the link but the snide remarks isn't all that friendly! If
you don't know what you are looking for its hard to ... well ...
look for it. Maybe I should just google a question mark?

I Googled for: ilok
Yes, that's it. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

Both the ilock.com AND the MusiciansFriend URLs were on
the very first page. I didn't even have to scroll down. You can
also go to www.musiciansfriend.com and type "ilok" into their
search window and it takes you directly to the page. My faith
in those phone droids is effectively zero.

I wasn't trying to be snide or unfriendly, but to reiterate that a
good portion of the questions that people ask here (and then
WAIT for meaningful answers) could have been answered in
a couple hundred milliseconds by Google. Really.

There's also no future in complaining about customer service
from those big companies, especially via telephone. It is hard
(read: expensive) to get *good* help. Frequently YOU know
more about what you are asking than the people on the other
end of the phone.

It's no better in person. After telling you there's no future in
complaining, I will now proceed to do it myself.... :-)

I wanted to buy a portable (battery-op) WiFi router to use with
my EVDO. I called around to all the Sprint storefronts in the
area and found one who said they have it in stock. I even gave
them the model number to be sure we were talking about the
same item.

The map showing the location of the store on their website was
so wrong that I spent 30 minutes driving around looking for it
on the wrong side of town. I burned up more than the amount
of gas I was trying to save by phoning ahead. Of course there
is no effective way to notify them of the error so they can fix it.

When I finally found the store, as with all the Sprint stores here
in PDX, I felt like I was the only one (customers & employees)
who spoke English. I swear I'm going to make some signs to
put up on their doors saying "English spoken here."

Wasn't it the late George Carlin who asked: "How can the Star
Trek people go billions of miles into space and find English-
speaking amorphous alien beings, but I can't go to the 7-11
on the corner and find anyone who speaks English?"

When I finally talked to the same guy who told me on the phone
he had the unit, he brought out the wrong one. I told him that
wasn't the one I wanted (it didn't work with EVDO), and I
reminded him that I gave him the model number. But he replied
"Oh, I just thought this was the one you wanted, but I can order
it for you." Of course, I could have ordered it myself online and
saved all the gas and aggravation.

I finally ordered it online, but NOT from Sprint. I'm sure they
didn't notice or care.

Digidesign PTLE USB dongle -- It's about time! Ty Ford Pro Audio 7 October 28th 07 03:10 AM
Fixing iLok [email protected] Pro Audio 0 December 10th 06 08:03 PM
MBox as a dongle Daniel Fox Pro Audio 12 October 31st 05 10:58 AM
how to crack ilok Mark Pro Audio 8 September 9th 04 07:36 PM
how to crack ilok Mark Pro Audio 0 September 8th 04 07:50 PM