Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] zirconx9@yahoo.com is offline

Default Low voltage at horn - half a volt

My horn quit working the other day on my '92 Bonneville. Tonight I
hooked up my voltmeter to the plug that connects to the horn (two
wires), and I only get about half a volt when I press the horn button.
I can hear the relay clicking somewhere under the hood.

I'm guessing the next step is to find the relay and check the voltage
output there. But I was wondering if anyone had encountered this
problem before and had any advice.

All the horns I've dealt with previously had only one wire, and were
grounded through the chassis. Am I right in guessing I should have 12v
across the two connectors in the horn plug?

Thanks,
-Ryan

Posted to rec.audio.tech
JohnR66 JohnR66 is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
My horn quit working the other day on my '92 Bonneville. Tonight I
hooked up my voltmeter to the plug that connects to the horn (two
wires), and I only get about half a volt when I press the horn button.
I can hear the relay clicking somewhere under the hood.

I'm guessing the next step is to find the relay and check the voltage
output there. But I was wondering if anyone had encountered this
problem before and had any advice.

All the horns I've dealt with previously had only one wire, and were
grounded through the chassis. Am I right in guessing I should have 12v
across the two connectors in the horn plug?

Thanks,
-Ryan

You might do better posting this question to an auto newsgroup, not an audio
one. The horns we deal with here are often found in speakers. Well, some of
us deal with anyway.
John

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] zirconx9@yahoo.com is offline

You might do better posting this question to an auto newsgroup, not an audio
one. The horns we deal with here are often found in speakers. Well, some of
us deal with anyway.
John

Uhh, whoops, I guess I need glasses. Sorry!