Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] zzzxtreme@gmail.com is offline

Default noobie question

i just got a new car, a daihatu boon rebadge called Perodua Myvi.

as a budget car, the sound system is expectedly suck.

I need suggestions on choosing amp+speakers.

the kind of music i listen to is concertos, opera, ozzy, zeppelin,
blind guardian, malmsteen, debbie gibson (hides face), u know mostly
old songs.

i cannot stand sounds from home systems like sony or panasonic with
extra large speakers. sony xplode in car sounds absolutely terrible
for me. however, I'm still no audiophile as I can accept the budget
bose acousticmass 5 happily. so i kinda need good budget quality
without the techno pumping base.

any advise/suggestions greatly apprecriated. (Regarding brand /
package system)

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] zzzxtreme@gmail.com is offline

sorry forgot to mention that the bose acousticmass is connected to
budget marantz home theather

On Oct 11, 10:48 am, "
wrote:
i just got a new car, a daihatu boon rebadge called Perodua Myvi.

as a budget car, the sound system is expectedly suck.

I need suggestions on choosing amp+speakers.

the kind of music i listen to is concertos, opera, ozzy, zeppelin,
blind guardian, malmsteen, debbie gibson (hides face), u know mostly
old songs.

i cannot stand sounds from home systems like sony or panasonic with
extra large speakers. sony xplode in car sounds absolutely terrible
for me. however, I'm still no audiophile as I can accept the budget
bose acousticmass 5 happily. so i kinda need good budget quality
without the techno pumping base.

any advise/suggestions greatly apprecriated. (Regarding brand /
package system)

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] Huber55@gmail.com is offline

wrote:

i just got a new car, a daihatu boon rebadge called Perodua Myvi.

as a budget car, the sound system is expectedly suck.

I need suggestions on choosing amp+speakers.

the kind of music i listen to is concertos, opera, ozzy, zeppelin,
blind guardian, malmsteen, debbie gibson (hides face), u know mostly
old songs.

i cannot stand sounds from home systems like sony or panasonic with
extra large speakers. sony xplode in car sounds absolutely terrible
for me. however, I'm still no audiophile as I can accept the budget
bose acousticmass 5 happily. so i kinda need good budget quality
without the techno pumping base.

any advise/suggestions greatly apprecriated. (Regarding brand /
package system)

Are you planning on replacing EVERYTHING? Headunit, speakers and
install a sub with an amp? If you dont want big booming bass, just put
in a sub in sealed box then you will get nice tight bass. That also
depends on what kind of sub you get also. I right now have 2 sony x-
plods and they're in a sealed box and i dont think the sound quality
is that bad. Im not in any way shape or form saying that these are the
best im just saying ALOT of how a sub sounds is in the box you put it
in and the type of vehicle it is in also.