Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S magazine operations, like Ziff Davis, and
indeed Stereo Review, are regrettably no more. We obtained these units from
Hachette as surplus items right before they moved their offices in
Manhattan.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachett...cchi_Media_U.S. ,
Hachette's US magazine operations were sold off in May, 2010.

The condition of the equipment is excellent. All of the tests I've run
worked the first time. We have them fully operational and attached to
computers running Windows XP. We believe that we have drivers and I/O cards
that will work with even later versions of Windows. The units are a tiny bit
out of calibration. We intend to run 100% of the diagnostics and have them
entirely nominal before sale.

While not SOTA in terms of distortion residuals, AP S1 systems are still
valuable tools for many current applications due to their excellent
interfaces, good performance, and programmability. We intend to sell them as
turnkey systems - unbox what we send you, plug it in, and go!

If you are interested in purchasing this equipment, please contact me at
arnyk at comcast dot net.

Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

"Arny Krueger"

I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

** Has this unit got more value because of its provenance ?

Anyhow - here's a pic of one:

http://www.nessales.com/ebay/13318/A... Pic%20(0).JPG

.... Phil

Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
recursor recursor is offline

On 12/30/2011 11:21 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Arny Krueger"

I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

** Has this unit got more value because of its provenance ?

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...Sheesh,
don't you know anything?
Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

"recursor"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Arny Krueger"

I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

** Has this unit got more value because of its provenance ?

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...Sheesh, don't
you know anything?

** I imagined it might be Julian Hirsch's aura and sweaty finger prints
that made the difference.

Bit like a Strat that had once belonged to Jimi Hendrix.

..... Phil

Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...Sheesh,
don't you know anything?

** I imagined it might be Julian Hirsch's aura and sweaty finger
prints that made the difference.

There quite possibly is some extra market value because of it. However

Bit like a Strat that had once belonged to Jimi Hendrix.

For audiophile grade measurements use them with this:

http://www.russandrews.com/product.a...NULQPHBZIBBHUY

mains cable. Many banks ask you to pay for having money stored in their
system and this mains cable will remedy that problem and thus really be a
saving.

O;-)

.... Phil

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:
Phil Allison wrote:

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...Sheesh,
don't you know anything?

** I imagined it might be Julian Hirsch's aura and sweaty finger
prints that made the difference.

There quite possibly is some extra market value because of it. However

Bit like a Strat that had once belonged to Jimi Hendrix.

For audiophile grade measurements use them with this:

http://www.russandrews.com/product.a...NULQPHBZIBBHUY

mains cable. Many banks ask you to pay for having money stored in their
system and this mains cable will remedy that problem and thus really be a
saving.

O;-)

.... Phil

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

How do they deal with the mains conductors back to the community
step-down transformer?

I suspect there is money to be mined in fixing the power input to the
high-end fools that buy these power cords.

"What if I can’t remove my mains lead? Cut off the mains cable about 3
inches (7.5cm) from where it enters your equipment and wire on a male
IEC plug as shown. " ROTFLMAO!

For further amusement read the Burn-In extra (only £15) feature because
otherwise you may have to wait over 500 hours to hear any difference
with your new power cord or silver RCA cords!

Fuses 13A made to BS-1362 standards (required by law in the UK for mains
fuses)...reading the notes about these £15.75 (pack of five) fuses that
everyone else sells for £1.25 (pack of four).

---------------------(quote)------------------------
You may notice that we cover the screw on some of our mains cables with
a 'Warranty - Void if Removed' sticker. This is to discourage people
from tampering with the cable in the plug. It's very difficult to work
with and we had a number of instances where people had tried to
de-solder their cables from the plug, ended up with a terrible mess and
sent it back to us to sort out. If you need to reterminate your cables,
we only charge a nominal retermination fee and you keep your warranty.

We appreciate, however that you need to destroy this label when you
replace the fuse with our new Russ Andrews fuses. You will not void your
warranty if you simply replace the fuse. Russ Andrews fuses are supplied
with 'Fitted with Russ Andrews Fuse' stickers to fit over the existing
warranty label. If you replace the fuse and then stick the new label
over the old warranty label, we'll know that you've simply replaced the
fuse if you return the cable for upgrade or repair in the future. It's
also a useful way for you to know which cables you've upgraded with a
better fuse!
------------------------(end quote)---------------

(shaking head sadly)

I'm obviously in the wrong end of things - I offer tech tips to save
people money and to try and teach them how to maintain their toys.

John ;-#)#

www.flippers.com
Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Alan[_5_] Alan[_5_] is offline

In message , recursor
wrote

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...

but only when used with Russ Andrews cables.
--
Alan
Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
recursor recursor is offline

On 12/31/2011 10:43 AM, Alan wrote:
In message , recursor
wrote

Of course it has, the stickers make it much more accurate...

but only when used with Russ Andrews cables.

Funny you should say that as the little beauties below have been reduced
to *only* £1503 and they feature that well known technical enhancement
of orthogonal braid. I've just ordered half a dozen of them, they'll go
well with the Hachette Publications property stickers...in fact **** it,
they won't just go well, they were made for each other.
http://www.russandrews.com/product.a...NULQPHBZIBBHUY
Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Alan[_5_] Alan[_5_] is offline

In message , recursor
wrote

http://www.russandrews.com/product.a...currency=GBP&p
f_id=2137&customer_id=PAA3122123611657HNNULQPHBZI BBHUY

Check out the Deep Cryo Treatment link on that page
--
Alan
Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger"

I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

** Has this unit got more value because of its provenance ?

Anyhow - here's a pic of one:

http://www.nessales.com/ebay/13318/A... Pic%20(0).JPG

That looks very much like one of the two units I have been working with. It
is the later model with optical digital I/O. The earlier version is
coax-based and used RCA jacks.

Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull Rheilly Phoull is offline

On 1/3/2012 1:53 AM, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Phil wrote in message

"Arny Krueger"

I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

** Has this unit got more value because of its provenance ?

Anyhow - here's a pic of one:

http://www.nessales.com/ebay/13318/A... Pic%20(0).JPG

That looks very much like one of the two units I have been working with. It
is the later model with optical digital I/O. The earlier version is
coax-based and used RCA jacks.

WOW, what a great thread. We could have a record here, just as long as
we don't keep on subject. I think DB's are nonsense, what's wrong with a
massive ring and sliced taps ??

Rheilly