Bob Pit

Default select frequency range

This should easy, but I want to make sure.

From a sound segment, I want to select a certain range of frequencies. Like
10Khz-17Khz. There should be an easy way to do a frequancy filter. Could
you tell me how this is done in CoolEdit Pro?

Thanks
Bob

Todd H.

"Bob Pit" writes:

This should easy, but I want to make sure.

From a sound segment, I want to select a certain range of frequencies. Like
10Khz-17Khz. There should be an easy way to do a frequancy filter. Could
you tell me how this is done in CoolEdit Pro?

Look for a parametric EQ in there somewhere and set your center
frequency, bandwidth and such to achieve the range you want to hear
within the pass band.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Arny Krueger

Bob Pit wrote:
This should easy, but I want to make sure.

From a sound segment, I want to select a certain range of
frequencies. Like 10Khz-17Khz. There should be an easy

way to do a
frequancy filter. Could you tell me how this is done in

CoolEdit Pro?

Use the FFT filter, and draw an appropriate frequency
response curve.

I'd set
max gain = 0 dB
min gain = -100 dB