eidsvikDM

Default Question about line drivers

I just purchased a 4ch Crunch DSVU line driver/preamp. So the rca's
from my pioneer deh-p7400mp run into the line driver then into my 2
amps. The amps are lanzar rack series. One is a 900.2 powering two
12" subs and the other is a 250.4 driving six other drivers in the
front soundstage. My reason for purchasing the line driver was for
the 2 built in analog VU meters. But now I'm having to contend with
this issue:

OK soooo

What's the proper way to use a line driver. There are adjustments on
it that allow me to increase the volts for both the 1/2 channel and
the 3/4 channel. It appears that I can +/- the volts from 0 up to 12
volts. I do split the front output rca into 2 which I then plug into
my 4 channel amplifier. So I understand I'm halving the signal volts
that my headunit allots for those channels. My question is: What
should I be cautious of here? Is there a specific volt level I should
set. How high should I increase it? Can I damage my amplifiers by
sending to high of signal volts into it's inputs?

This is an expensive game we're all messed up in here isn't it. Just
want to take care of my gear.

Thanks
Sanitarium

You might want to search the termpro.com forum for this inquiry, or post
the question directly... Sorry, I have no first hand experience.

Hey... how do you like the Lanzar rack amps? Do they seem to live up to
their wattage claims? I'd like to get the 1600 model. theres a guy
blowing them out on ebay for $150, and refurbished ones for $109.

2 x 400 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 720 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms
Even if it only does a fraction of this, heck they still seem like good
watts/dollar.

thanks,
Garrett

eidsvikDM wrote:

[...]

eidsvikDM

Hey... how do you like the Lanzar rack amps? Do they seem to live up to
their wattage claims? I'd like to get the 1600 model. theres a guy
blowing them out on ebay for $150, and refurbished ones for $109.

2 x 400 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 720 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms
Even if it only does a fraction of this, heck they still seem like good
watts/dollar.

thanks,
Garrett

Hey Garret,

So far so good with my Lanzar Rack Amplifiers. I bought them from the
same guy you're looking at on ebay. Seller service was fast and I
purchsed the refurbished ones with one year warranty instead of going
new w/3yr. Looked brand new when I got them. And a real sweet
looking method of installing amplifiers. To answer your question...I
have had no complaints or even slight irritations at all with their
power output. I run 2 sony 12 inch subs at 900w max per sub at the
standard 4 ohms from the 900w 2ch Lanzar Rack. From the 1000w 4ch rack
amp I power a pair of Audiobahn 6x9's, a pair of crystal dynamics 6.5"
and a pair of pioneer dome tweets. Cleanest sounding install I've
ever done. This is the 4th one in this car. Brands Ive used before
were Soundstorm and Rockford Fosgate. I know what it is to have an
overrated amplifier and I'm not dealing with that at all here. I like
the Lanzars the best. Hell of a price so I thought I would take the
risk and glad I did.

Hope that helps. Audioblowouts on ebay is a good seller. Delivery
was like 8 days I think after paypal confirmed. They missed a packet
of hardware for one of the amps and I called. They had it sent to me
straight from Lanzar within like 3 days!

Take Care

Jason
eidsvikDM

You know you're right I should just run a y to the line driver. I got
the line driver for that purpose anyway. Just though it would be cool
looking back by my amps. Watching the power being metered is good to.

Hadn't thought of that

Sanitarium

Great thanks...!!! Theres way to many "I heard from a friend's brother,
who knows this stuff...blaah blaah" Posers out there. Nice to get some
first hand feedback.

thanks,
Garrett