Rick

Default Dynaudio Sys 340 Install Question

I'm going to install a Dynaudio System 340 (7", 3" 1") into my car this
coming weekend (system came out of a previous car). My plan is to put the
1" and 3" in the kick pannels and the 7" driver in the bottom of the doors.
The doors will be Dyanamat-ed and sealed as much as possible. I will drive
the 7" drivers via a bridged Helix HXA-400 amp, the 1" & 3" via a channel
pair from a second HXA-400 and some rear fill speakers with the remaining
channel pair of the second HXA-400.

The car in question is a '97 Porsche 911 Coupe.

My questions are about "aiming" of the various drivers:

1) Where should I aim the two speakers that will be mounted in kick panels?
I'm currently thinking that they should cross (aim the kick panel on the
passenger side at the driver & aim the kick panel on the driver side at the
front passenger). Is this right?

2) Where should I aim the two 7" drivers? They will need to be placed in
the lower part of the doors roughly near the driver/passenger's knee/calf -
should the be mounted to 'shoot' straight across the car or try to aim them
at the driver & passenger as I proposed with the kick panel aiming above?

Any other words of wisdom are very much appreciated.

Thanks much for the help.

Rick

autofile

Rick wrote:
[...]

Well if it were me, with the Dynaudio dome drivers wide dispersion
pattern, I would recommend the opposite of what you are thinking. I
would aim the drivers more towards where the headunit is located in the
dash, making the domes far off axis.
This will help to minimize the bias from the closer speakers......
--
autofile
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=152959