Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

Default This is a post from Nashville Craigslist. IT IS FUNNY!

This is the original post - below is the funny response!

Producer seeks Engineer (nashville)
Local only. Must already be in Nashville settled in and all that.
Nashville must be your home base for the intermediate future at least.
Ideally you've been here a while, know your way around, know what you
have, what you don't, where to get what you don't have, know where to
borrow stuff, what sounds good, what sux.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you feel the sound space (the room)
is priority #1.

If you think this can be overcome with fancy wall panels and expensive
gear that's wonderful but most likely I'll hear that "nice space"
missing and will be back to square one. Always willing to be proven
wrong though...

I'm actually looking for someone "new" but competent. If your an
established engineer I probably already know you or have heard of you
and won't want to pursue you for this project otherwise I would
already have been in touch. If you've been on staff at any one place
for long that probably is not ideal. Someone not entrenched or tied
down to certain spaces yet familiar with the good spaces would be
better. I know it's a tall order.

This project is six months out at least.

One of the very first things I will want to get exactly right will be
the last thing everybody cares about. And that is the electric bass.
Then the snare and cymbals. If I like that then I know the rest will
be there too. So if you're interested send whatever you can of a few
different bass sounds and snare tracks. DO NOT send anything
copyrighted or property belonging to someone else. Doesn't have to be
"music". Could be your assistant playing single notes or whatever.

Thank You.

This should get an award!!!

Producer seeks Engineer (Translated) (Nashville)

Producer seeks engineer in nashville to take advantage of. By producer
I mean an egotistical artist that fancies himself a producer. You
should be in nashville because I don't have the budget to pay you
much, and I want to take advantage of any local connections that you
have to mooch of of your friends and ruin your name while preserving
mine.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you have a room I can use for dirt
that I like.

I'm actually looking for someone great, but new enough in town to work
for peanuts, and who hasn't already heard of me and knows my scams. If
you're well established, I probably ripped you off on your way up and
you won't want to work with me again. I don't want anyone who is too
tied into one of the studios where I might have scammed people in the
past, ideally you'll be familiar enough with the studios to get me a
good rate or a favor, but not such good friends with them that they'll
share their opinions about me with you if they find out who you're
working with.

This project is never going to get off the ground. It's going to take
me at least 6 months to con enough people into participating.

I'm obsessive and neurotic about Bass and Snare tones, so I want you
to send me random samples of things without having any indication of
what the project is like to see if you happen to have a psychic
connection with me. In addition I'm so musically un-educated that I
can't wrap my brain around the fact that bass and drum sounds, more
than anything else, have to serve the song and the mix. People tell me
that a snare sound that is great when solo'd doesn't necessarily work
in the mix, but I'm just too dense to understand.

Please have an assistant that I can take advantage of as well.
Thank You.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
thepaulthomas thepaulthomas is offline

On Jan 1, 9:15*pm, Danny T wrote:
[...]

Definitely a new Craigslist classic. Thanks for sharing.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Jan 3, 12:14*am, Soundhaspriority wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

If you would forward to me the original link, I'd like to put in my
application.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

This is the original post here
http://nashville.craigslist.org/muc/976829928.html

Date: 2009-01-01, 7:26PM CST

The post that it responds to is about 20 before it on the same day