Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Jacobs Ron Jacobs is offline

Default capturing HQ audio from u-tube?

U-tube has recently begun hosting various tv shows, such as Macgyver and
Star Trek. Is there any way I can download the audio in a high quality
format? I would prefer just to capture and save the shows directly from
U-tube, but I don't see any way to do it. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jos Geluk Jos Geluk is offline

Ron Jacobs schreef:
U-tube has recently begun hosting various tv shows, such as Macgyver and
Star Trek. Is there any way I can download the audio in a high quality
format? I would prefer just to capture and save the shows directly from
U-tube, but I don't see any way to do it. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I have used this a couple of times:

http://dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd...-Converter.htm

It just does what it says. The computer I installed it on hasn't shown
any signs of it containing malware.

HTH

Jos.

--
Ardis Park Music
www.ardispark.nl
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Jacobs Ron Jacobs is offline

"Jos Geluk" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Ron Jacobs schreef:
U-tube has recently begun hosting various tv shows, such as Macgyver and
Star Trek. Is there any way I can download the audio in a high quality
format? I would prefer just to capture and save the shows directly from
U-tube, but I don't see any way to do it. Suggestions would be
appreciated.

I have used this a couple of times:

http://dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd...-Converter.htm

It just does what it says. The computer I installed it on hasn't shown any
signs of it containing malware.

Wouldn't the audio lose quality since it's converted to MP3? Of course, I
don't know the original format of these new CBS U-tube shows. They may be
MP3 to start with anyway.

RJ

HTH

Jos.

--
Ardis Park Music
www.ardispark.nl

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jos Geluk Jos Geluk is offline

Ron Jacobs schreef:
"Jos Geluk" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Ron Jacobs schreef:
U-tube has recently begun hosting various tv shows, such as Macgyver and
Star Trek. Is there any way I can download the audio in a high quality
format? I would prefer just to capture and save the shows directly from
U-tube, but I don't see any way to do it. Suggestions would be
appreciated.

I have used this a couple of times:

http://dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd...-Converter.htm

It just does what it says. The computer I installed it on hasn't shown any
signs of it containing malware.

Wouldn't the audio lose quality since it's converted to MP3? Of course, I
don't know the original format of these new CBS U-tube shows. They may be
MP3 to start with anyway.

I can't imagine the degradation of the shows' audio, if any, would be
audible. The Youtube server apparently converts the material to H.263
(see Wikipedia) anyway, which embeds the audio as mono MP3.

Jos.

--
Ardis Park Music
www.ardispark.nl
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Jacobs Ron Jacobs is offline

"Jos Geluk" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Ron Jacobs schreef:
"Jos Geluk" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Ron Jacobs schreef:
[...]

Using a website called "kick" (adding the word "kick" in front of utube), I
can download in MP4 format. Now, I am not familiar with audio compression
having used wave format, so can you tell me which is the better format for
audio purposes, MP3 or MP4?

Thanks Ron

Jos.

--
Ardis Park Music
www.ardispark.nl

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jos Geluk Jos Geluk is offline

Using a website called "kick" (adding the word "kick" in front of utube), I
can download in MP4 format. Now, I am not familiar with audio compression
having used wave format, so can you tell me which is the better format for
audio purposes, MP3 or MP4?

Mp3 is an audio compression algorithm. Mp4 is for video. Other than
that, I can only refer you to the Wikipedia, unless of course the
experts on this forum want to share their views.

Jos.

--
Ardis Park Music
www.ardispark.nl
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:48:39 -0500, Jos Geluk wrote
(in article me.nl):

Using a website called "kick" (adding the word "kick" in front of utube), I
can download in MP4 format. Now, I am not familiar with audio compression
having used wave format, so can you tell me which is the better format for
audio purposes, MP3 or MP4?

Mp3 is an audio compression algorithm. Mp4 is for video. Other than
that, I can only refer you to the Wikipedia, unless of course the
experts on this forum want to share their views.

Jos.

both mp3 and mp4 are scalable. The higher the specific data rate, teh better.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jos Geluk" wrote in message
.home.nl
Ron Jacobs schreef:
"Jos Geluk" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Ron Jacobs schreef:
U-tube has recently begun hosting various tv shows,
such as Macgyver and Star Trek. Is there any way I
can download the audio in a high quality format? I
would prefer just to capture and save the shows
directly from U-tube, but I don't see any way to do
it. Suggestions would be appreciated.
I have used this a couple of times:

http://dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd...-Converter.htm

It just does what it says. The computer I installed it
on hasn't shown any signs of it containing malware.

Wouldn't the audio lose quality since it's converted to
MP3? Of course, I don't know the original format of
these new CBS U-tube shows. They may be MP3 to start
with anyway.

Audio and video posted on UTube is generally highly compressed before
downloading to save bandwidth and space on their server. Compared to what
happened when it was uploaded, most things that happen during downloading
are pretty innocent.

I can't imagine the degradation of the shows' audio, if
any, would be audible.

Right, it would probably be minor compared to the damage that was already
done during production and uploading.

The Youtube server apparently
converts the material to H.263 (see Wikipedia) anyway,
which embeds the audio as mono MP3.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dwgriffi@gmail.com is offline

According to TechVideoBlog, samples of youtube HD videos were 1280×720
- 2mbit/s H264 - full frame rate - 44.1hz stereo 254kbit/s AAC audio.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote in message

According to TechVideoBlog, samples of youtube HD videos
were 1280×720 - 2mbit/s H264 - full frame rate - 44.1hz
stereo 254kbit/s AAC audio.

44.1 KHz 254 Kbps AAC stereo is pretty darn good. It might be degraded by
transcoding to MP3 unless the MP3 bitrate was at least comparable.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Dec 25, 11:21*am, wrote:
According to TechVideoBlog, samples of youtube HD videos were 1280×720
- 2mbit/s H264 - full frame rate - 44.1hz stereo 254kbit/s AAC audio.

Forgot to paste the url before hitting send.

http://techvideoblog.com/reviews/onl...ty-comparison/

Capturing Audio from Cable TV, and FM Radio? Chris Barrett General 1 January 20th 07 10:25 PM
Capturing Sounds from PC Barry R General 3 March 27th 04 10:28 PM
Extracting / Capturing audio from an online Quicktime audio clip magicianstalk Pro Audio 2 March 8th 04 11:54 AM
capturing streaming audio Jon M Tech 72 February 23rd 04 04:32 AM
lossless audio codec for video capturing Joseph Brown Pro Audio 38 November 29th 03 11:48 PM