Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] h.khalil@gmx.de is offline

Default Mic identification

Hi all,

could somebody help me identify the mic that appear at the beginning
of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aYy1TQG8w

Thanks and a happy new year to all.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sebastian Zuendorf Sebastian Zuendorf is offline

wrote:

could somebody help me identify the mic that appear at the beginning
of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aYy1TQG8w

Neumann U87.

Sebastian

--
Der Kunde steht immer im Mittelpunkt - und damit im Weg.

Die Partyband vom Niederrhein: http://www.stimmtso.net
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Hi all,

could somebody help me identify the mic that appear at the beginning
of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aYy1TQG8w

They look like ordinary U87s. Probably in omni mode from the general
layout. Not my favorite setup, but you can do worse and plenty of people
do.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 31 Dez. 2008, 22:42, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

could somebody help me identify the mic that appear at the beginning
of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aYy1TQG8w

They look like ordinary U87s. *Probably in omni mode from the general
layout. *Not my favorite setup, but you can do worse and plenty of people
do.

Thanks!

I wonder how a mic with so much coloration can produce such a natural
and neutral sound on an acoustic instrument, especially given that
it's a vocal mic in the first place. Is there a chance of it being the
U89 instead? Or perhaps a TLM193?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] h.khalil@gmx.de is offline

On 1 Jan., 05:17, Mike Rivers wrote:

What can you tell about coloration from watching a video over the
Internet?

I've got the CD and the sound is as natural and uncolored as it could
be.

I'm surprised at how good some of it sounds,

Me too, and that's why I am asking.

Definitely not a U89 or TLM.

Thank you for confirming this.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael R. Kesti[_3_] Michael R. Kesti[_3_] is offline

Sebastian Zuendorf wrote:

wrote:

I wonder how a mic with so much coloration can produce such a natural
and neutral sound on an acoustic instrument, especially given that
it's a vocal mic in the first place.

The U87 was never intended to be a "vocal (only) mic". It was (and
still is) used on nearly every instrument in the studio, including
drums, guitars/amps, bass guitars, piano...

I find it fun to try to count the U87s in view in the Beatles' final
"public appearance on the roof of Abbey Road. They're everywhere!

| two, one and one make one."
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ray Thomas[_2_] Ray Thomas[_2_] is offline

"Michael R. Kesti" wrote in message
m...
Sebastian Zuendorf wrote:

wrote:

I wonder how a mic with so much coloration can produce such a natural
and neutral sound on an acoustic instrument, especially given that
it's a vocal mic in the first place.

The U87 was never intended to be a "vocal (only) mic". It was (and
still is) used on nearly every instrument in the studio, including
drums, guitars/amps, bass guitars, piano...

I find it fun to try to count the U87s in view in the Beatles' final
"public appearance on the roof of Abbey Road. They're everywhere!

So what are those long stalk mics with SD heads and obese little black
windsocks 'everywhere and blowing in the wind' on that rooftop ? Schoeps ?

Ray

| two, one and one make one."

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Ray Thomas wrote:

So what are those long stalk mics with SD heads and obese little black
windsocks 'everywhere and blowing in the wind' on that rooftop ? Schoeps ?

I _think_ they are a Phillips/AKG thing. National Events used to have
some in their rental inventory.