Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
eidsvikDM

Default Wiring subs to receive 2 ohms

My sub amplifier can provide power at 2 ohm stereo. I have 2 12" 900w
max 4ohm subs. Currently I have them running at 4ohms. I decided to
try them at 2 ohms from the amp (which is 420w RMS x2) I was very
happy with the result. Not sure if they were any louder but the lower
end seem to hang on to the end. At 4 ohms the lowend seems kinda
week, fizzles out early. I noticed at 2 ohms the headlights dimmed
ever so slightly. Maybe a cap might band-aid that.

Is there a problem with running my 4 ohm svc subs at 2 ohms?